Cashmere Cat, The Weeknd Collaborate on New Track, “Wild Love”
Cashmere Cat has been relatively quiet since 2014 when he released Wedding Bells. Magnus August Høiberg better known as Cashmere Cat, is from a small town in Norway and has previously stated that no one there really listened to hip-hop and yet it was something he was passionate about. He grabbed the attention of the dance community when he released his first EP Mirror Maru in 2012. It’s no surprise that he soon started to work with producers like Benny Blanco as well as other hip-hop artists such as Juicy J, Ludacris, Miguel just to name a few.
Cashmere Cat has a distinct sound that blends Jersey club and melodic trap which is a sound most producers cannot match up. He released two tracks in 2015, “Ice Rink” with DJ Mustard and “Adore” featuring Ariana Grande. For the latter of 2015 and early 2016, Cashmere Cat was producing tracks for Kanye West and Tory Lanez. And we can’t forget the latest production,’Just Luv Me’ off Britney Spears’ new album ‘Glory’.
Mid-2016, he started posting snapchats and tweets that hinted at a new album which got the fans excited. He recently released the very first track off his album, “Wild Love”. The title track, “Wild Love” features vocals of The Weeknd and Francis and the Lights. The beat and auto-tuned “wild love” in the beginning are the perfect set up for The Weeknd’s impeccable croon. This track is amalgamation of electronic and R&B.
Cashmere Cat – Wild Love
We are not certain when the album will be released but we know it’s not going to be too long of a wait. For now you can listen to “Wild Love” on Spotify or download it through Apple Music.
Make sure to follow Cashmere Cat’s social accounts as he unveils his album.
Connect with Cashmere Cat
Latest posts by Snehal Yarlagadda (see all)
- Lane 8’s Magical ‘This Never Happened’ Tour - November 20, 2016
- Behind the Beat: Violet Days - November 4, 2016
- Cashmere Cat, The Weeknd Collaborate on New Track, “Wild Love” - September 2, 2016
- Your Story: Dance music from Kenya to Philly - August 30, 2016
- What So Not Releases EP Title Track ‘Divide and Conquer’ - August 20, 2016
- Melvv Gives “Mirror Maru” the Dance Club Treatment
- Buku Music & Art Project’s Lineup is Buku Good
- Gryffin Remixes Ariana Grande & The Weeknd’s “Love Me Harder”
- What So Not Releases EP Title Track ‘Divide and Conquer’
- Steve James Flips The Weeknd’s “Earned It” On Its Head With Some Help From Jasmine Thompson