Justin Jay Joins Forces With Chris Lorenzo for “Storm”
2015 is shaping up to be Justin Jay’s year. Not only did the youngest Dirtybird graduate from college in June, but he’s also traveled around the world playing festivals, like Coachella and Northern Nights, with scheduled appearances at TomorrowWorld in September and the Dirtybird Campout in October. He released his Momentum EP as his debut record on Pets Recordings, and followed that up by giving away one of his fan favorites from way back in the day, “Mind Games,” on Annie Mac’s Free Music Monday. Now, we’re getting another one of Justin Jay’s secret weapons, “Storm,” that’s received plenty of support on BBC Radio 1 already.
Teaming up with Chris Lorenzo, the mastermind behind some of the house music’s biggest jams, “Storm” is a step away from Justin Jay’s typically upbeat and vibe-y offerings, but it’s just as good. Justin Jay and Chris Lorenzo shrewdly turn the eerie vocal sample into a driving instrument on the track as it sits atop dark, brooding synth chords and a breakbeat melody more fitting for the early days of DJing. “Storm” is up as a free download, courtesy of Justin Jay and Black Butter Records.
Latest posts by OTB (see all)
- Which Eyewear style should you rock at festivals? - July 22, 2016
- Your Story: From Pregames To Pretty Lights - June 22, 2016
- EDM Fans are the Most Social Music Fans - April 20, 2016
- Claire Guerreso & Deepend Create “I’m Just A Skipping Stone” - February 26, 2016
- Review: Jeudi Release First Instalment Of Remix Compilation Series - January 24, 2016