Like Charles Dickens, Dusky Has Great Expectations
Photo Credit: Mixmag
Fresh off of a successful label launch, London house duo Dusky are on a two-man mission to conquer the world. Dusky was recently named “Mixmag Gold Artists,” and sat down with Mixmag for a chat and to premiere “Expectations,” which is a part of their forthcoming ‘Love Taking Over’ EP, out on July 14 via 17 Steps, their new label. Read the Mixmag Gold Artist feature here.
“Expectations” resembles everything that Dusky has been about since debuting with ‘Stick By This’ [Anjunadeep] in 2011 – depth, soul, and originality. Dusky’s compositions are hard to classify by any specific electronic sub-genre due to the wide range of musical influences that are apparent in their productions. “Deep House” is the genre this group is most commonly categorized under. Their music can also draw close comparison with more classical forms of music.
Dusky are London based musicians Alfie Granger-Howell and Nick Harriman. They are most well-known for knocking off big-room conqueror Hardwell from the top of the Beatport charts with their 2013 hit ‘Careless.’
I am such a HUGE fan of everything that these two put out to the masses. “Numerical,” “Atone,” and “Calling Me,” hit home for me every time. The duo also released three mixes as part of the Dusky Light Cycles mix series. I remain optimistic that Dusky’s active 2014 will result in a weekly or monthly podcast. We all can dream, right?
Check out “Expectations” below.
Connect with Dusky
1) Mixmag Gold Artist feature – link in article
Latest posts by Sean Peterson (see all)
- The ULTIMATE BPM Festival 2015 Playlist - January 5, 2015
- Lazy Christmas 2014 | Hot Since 82, Dixon, Jaytech, Deep House - December 24, 2014
- The 100 Best Deep House, Tech House, & Techno Tracks of 2014 - December 19, 2014
- Top 50 Sets/Mixes of 2014: Techno, Deep & Tech House - December 15, 2014
- Lazy Sundays 58: Adam Beyer, Green Velvet, Techno - December 7, 2014