Parcel’s Angels remix is Heaven sent
“You move through the room like breathing was easy…”
We all have music we hold sacred in our lives–maybe for the memories they’re associated with, the feelings they bring out of us, or just because a beautiful piece of music deserves to be worshipped on its own merit. For me, Angels is one of those tracks that I consider sacrilege if anyone dared desecrate it with a terrible remix. LA native Tarek Nasr, a.k.a. Parcel, brings us a proper deep house remix that sounds like an answered prayer.
“If somoene believed me, they would be as in love with you as I am…”
The xx – Angels (Parcel Remix)
Moving the track along at a brisk pace, Parcel captures the spirit of the source material. Separating him from the handful of Angels remixes probably already in your library, however, is an amazing break that closes out the second half of the track. SERIOUSLY GROOVY melodic percussions accompanied by a horn (trombone, perhaps?) and tidbits of Romy’s vocal sample sprinkled in for cohesion really allow Parcel to flex his chops. And when I say “serious,” I mean SEEEERIOUS.
“…and the end comes too soon, like dreaming of angels and leaving without them.”
The track is available as a FREE DOWNLOAD. Give Parcel a Follow and be sure to check out his music. I am positive we’ll be hearing more of him soon!
Latest posts by Nolan Oribello (see all)
- Torren Foot Makes Panties Drop With His Latest Remix! - April 25, 2015
- Panic Bomber Puts The “Late Night” In Late Night Alumni’s Latest Single - April 15, 2015
- Greco Breathes New Life Into Stardust’s House Classic - April 3, 2015
- Get In Touch With DABIN’s New Genre-Defying EP - March 8, 2015
- All You Need Is Autograf’s Latest ODESZA Remix! - February 13, 2015