Rising DnB Star Pola Lists his Top 5 Tracks
Prior to dopping his debut single for Soulvent Records, UK Drum & Bass talent Pola will deliver two awesome tracks on July 6th. The A-side, ‘Sound Killa’ is an homage to classic jungle, with fiery use of amen and dub vocal samples. On the flip comes ‘Little Do I Know’, featuring label mate Bryzone. This is an emotive, almost haunting piece – still packed with Pola’s trademark production.
We caught up with the man behind the music, who gave us a countdown of his current favourite tracks.
5. Technimatic – Like A Memory ft. Pat Fulgoni
I’ve always been keen on Technimatic’s material, and hearing they’d collaborated with the Pat Fulgoni made this an instant favourite for me.
4. Keeno – Break The Silence
Keeno is a good friend and has always produced some beautiful music. This one is very chilled and relaxed, but this amen stonker turns his usual orchestral style completely on its head!
3. Pola – Little Do I Know feat. Bryzone
Not one to be overly vain and compliment myself on one of my tracks, but this track will always be special to me as it features my very good friend Bryzone, who talked me into singing on this very track for the first time. Hopefully not the last time either…
2. BCee – Back To The Street feat. Philippa Hanna (Nu:Tone Remix)
The original to this was an instant classic and I thought it could never be matched or topped, but Nu:Tone has once again stepped up and delivered another banger!
1. Logistics – Triangles
Logistics has to be one of the main reasons I really got behind producing Drum & Bass, and to see him with new solo material out makes me so happy. This track delves into the deeper side of Drum & Bass and showcases it to the masses. This is one for the heads.
Want more Pola? Visit his SoundCloud here.
Latest posts by OTB (see all)
- Which Eyewear style should you rock at festivals? - July 22, 2016
- Your Story: From Pregames To Pretty Lights - June 22, 2016
- EDM Fans are the Most Social Music Fans - April 20, 2016
- Claire Guerreso & Deepend Create “I’m Just A Skipping Stone” - February 26, 2016
- Review: Jeudi Release First Instalment Of Remix Compilation Series - January 24, 2016