MUST DIE! Releases Forward-Thinking LP On OWSLA
Having found himself and his music on established labels such as Steve Aoki’s Dim Mak, Diplo’s Mad Decent, and SKisM’s Never Say Die, MUST DIE!, otherwise known as Lee Bates, houses his precocious talents on yet another prestige label. This time around, it’s Skrillex’s label OWSLA whose snapped him up to release his first album, “Death & Magic”.
A raucous collection of heavy bass, precise production, and a diverse cross referencing of styles, “Death & Magic” should herald the arrival of a producer who has made some serious strides and waves since first debuting in 2011. Standout moments include the atmospheric opener “Gem Shards”, the house-leaning single “Hellcat”, “Star Throne”, and the mammoth collaboration between MUST DIE!, Datsik, and The Ragga Twins titled “Zipper”.
Trust us, it’s a rowdy one, but nothing less is to be expected. Although the bass producer has already made his mark in the dubstep community, “Death & Magic” should propel MUST DIE! even further into the bass music stratosphere.
You can grab a copy here.
Latest posts by OTB (see all)
- Which Eyewear style should you rock at festivals? - July 22, 2016
- Your Story: From Pregames To Pretty Lights - June 22, 2016
- EDM Fans are the Most Social Music Fans - April 20, 2016
- Claire Guerreso & Deepend Create “I’m Just A Skipping Stone” - February 26, 2016
- Review: Jeudi Release First Instalment Of Remix Compilation Series - January 24, 2016