Submotion Orchestra Prepare To Release Sublime New LP
Speak to anyone who’s seen Submotion Orchestra live, and no doubt they’ll tell you seeing them perform in the flesh is absolutely essential. Before you do though, make sure you go out and grab the seven-piece outfit’s brand new LP, “Alium”. Out on November 24th through Ninja Tune offshoot Counter Records, is album number three for the group, and it is some of their best work to date.
An incredibly diverse and musically wide-ranging effort, “Alium” gives you low slung, downtempo tracks like “Life After”, “Swan Song”, and closing cut “Worries”. You get a couple of instrumental based flex outs; “Bring Back The Wolf” being the most notable. “Alium” also gives Submotion lead vocalist, Ruby Wood, room to shine, with her incredible vocal lilt gracing most of the album’s twelve tracks; standouts being the beautifully haunting “Time Will Wait” and the uplifting “City Lights”.
The hype is certainly real when it comes to the group’s live ability, but they certainly deliver the goods on records too. “Alium” definitely comes as highly recommended listening, you can pre-order your copy here.
Latest posts by OTB (see all)
- Which Eyewear style should you rock at festivals? - July 22, 2016
- Your Story: From Pregames To Pretty Lights - June 22, 2016
- EDM Fans are the Most Social Music Fans - April 20, 2016
- Claire Guerreso & Deepend Create “I’m Just A Skipping Stone” - February 26, 2016
- Review: Jeudi Release First Instalment Of Remix Compilation Series - January 24, 2016