These Are The 5 Speakers You Need To See At EDMbiz 2015
The precursor to the legendary EDC Las Vegas is another Insomniac event called EDMbiz. It’s a three day conference and expo where booking agents, managers, A&R heads, artists, tech entrepreneurs, and more of EDM’s most influential persona come together to tackle topics that are affecting the scene currently. This year, the first wave of speakers and panelists is absolutely stacked. From Krewella to Blaise DeAngelo (General Manager of OWSLA) to keynote speaker James Barton (President of Electronic Music at Live Nation), Insomniac pulled together yet another stacked and relevant lineup to this year’s event, and we have put together a list of the 5 speakers we think you have to see at EDMbiz.
1. John Amato – CEO of Billboard
Everybody knows the brand, Billboard. Its synonymous with popular music, and as of recent, it has expanded from just the hottest music in the world and has created a dance division in its media outlet. John Amato is the CEO of Billboard and will be also apart of the panel “Billboard Presents: Dance Power Players 2015.” It will surely be interesting to hear who one of the biggest media houses believes are the dance power players this year.
2. Paul Morris – President & CEO of AM Only
AM Only is the booking agency that is the force behind bringing David Guetta, Skrillex, Hardwell, and more to cities near you. Paul Morris began his booking empire back in 1996 and has grown it into a leading force in the booking game. This will not be his first time speaking at EDMbiz so it will be interesting to hear his insights as the years have gone on.
3. Tony Hsieh – CEO of Zappos.com / Founder of Downtown Project
From selling his first company, LinkExchange, for $165 million to putting Zappos.com onto Forbes’ annual “Best Companies to Work For” list, Tony Hsieh is a machine at making miracles happen. His latest efforts, besides being the CEO of Zappos.com, revolves around turning Downtown Las Vegas into the most community-focused large city in the world via the Downtown Project. Although not directly involved in an EDM-centric company, Tony Hsieh is sure to be one of the most interesting speakers on entrepreneurship and other related topics.
4. Blaise DeAngelo – General Manager of OWSLA
Skrillex is without a doubt one of the leading tastemakers in EDM. He know what’s hot before it’s hot. He started his label, OWSLA, that has seen releases from Porter Robinson, What So Not, Zedd, the M Machine, and many more of EDM’s leading artists. The man behind the scenes who runs the show is Blaise DeAngelo. DJ, label general manager, and sushi-eater, Blaise DeAngelo will be a definite must-hit for speakers with his insight from the inside of one of the leading EDM tastemakers.
5. Austin Kramer – Global Programming Head of Electronic Culture at Spotify
With experience at SiriusXM and now the Global Programming Head of Electronic Culture at Spotify, Austin Kramer is definitely going to have something of importance at EDMbiz 2015. With the streaming service game up for grabs, Spotify is leading the pack and is surely changing with record labels, trends, and such. For those looking for a hybrid of tech and music, Kramer will be a definite must hear.
Badges for EDMbiz 2015 are available for purchase here.
Latest posts by OTB (see all)
- Which Eyewear style should you rock at festivals? - July 22, 2016
- Your Story: From Pregames To Pretty Lights - June 22, 2016
- EDM Fans are the Most Social Music Fans - April 20, 2016
- Claire Guerreso & Deepend Create “I’m Just A Skipping Stone” - February 26, 2016
- Review: Jeudi Release First Instalment Of Remix Compilation Series - January 24, 2016
- EDMbiz Finalizes 2015 Full Program Of Speakers And Panels
- Check Out The Incredible Lineup Of Speakers & Panels For EDMbiz 2015!
- Insomniac Brings EDMbiz Back to Vegas for 2015 Edition
- “Under The Electric Sky” Dazzles and Shines, but Lacks Depth
- This year’s Electric Daisy Carnival could be the last in Las Vegas