Artist Spotlight – Porter Robinson
This 19-year-old talent has been touted by his peers (read Tiësto, Skrillex and Deadmau5) as one of the nu-breed saviours of electronic music, and having only experienced the limelight for just a few months, his achievements paint the picture of a super bright future.
2011 saw Porter achieve what some do in an entire career. He provided solid tour support to Tiësto and Skrillex, as well as debut appearances at Electric Daisy Carnival, Ultra Music Festival and Electric Zoo that led to him entering DJ Mag’s Top 100 and the Billboard Top 21 Under 21 chart.
His EP Spitfire, which crashed Beatport’s servers on release, smashed its way to the #1 position in the process and held fort for 2 weeks solid. He’s already remixed Lady Gaga and Avicii, and has a string of A-list artists knocking down his door.
This June Porter embarks on a nationwide tour in support of his new single, Language. Along for that tour he is bringing both Anjunabeat’s Mat Zo and OWSLA’s The M Machine. This is a stacked line up you will not want to miss. Having seen Porter play live multiple times I can personally say he has blown me away each and every time.
Mat Zo – http://soundcloud.com/mat_zo
The M Machine – http://soundcloud.com/themmachine
Porter Robinson – Language
Latest posts by OTB (see all)
- Which Eyewear style should you rock at festivals? - July 22, 2016
- Your Story: From Pregames To Pretty Lights - June 22, 2016
- EDM Fans are the Most Social Music Fans - April 20, 2016
- Claire Guerreso & Deepend Create “I’m Just A Skipping Stone” - February 26, 2016
- Review: Jeudi Release First Instalment Of Remix Compilation Series - January 24, 2016