Afrojack – Air Guitar (Preview)
Dirty Dutch guru Afrojack is back with the controversial “Air Guitar,” recently named the official anthem of Ultra Music Festival 2013. A lot of people, including myself, have criticized the violent basslines and hammering percussion, mistaking it for dubstep. I was not a fan of “Air Guitar” when I first heard it, but it has grown on me.
I have tried to look at this from Ultra’s perspective, since they deemed it the festival anthem. I trust that Ultra knows what they are doing, as they have had one of the most successful and lucrative music festivals in the world for the past 15 years. I find that “Air Guitar” will be best served as an edit in live sets, like Sander van Doorn’s “Joyenergizer” or Sandro Silva & Quintino’s “Epic”.
I look forward to hearing “Air Guitar” drop at Ultra as I’m sure it will be a smash hit. I hope you will give it a chance like I did. “Air Guitar” should ease the disappointment of Afrojack’s “Gangnam Style” remix.
“Air Guitar” is set to release via Wall Recordings in the near future.
Latest posts by Sean Peterson (see all)
- The ULTIMATE BPM Festival 2015 Playlist - January 5, 2015
- Lazy Christmas 2014 | Hot Since 82, Dixon, Jaytech, Deep House - December 24, 2014
- The 100 Best Deep House, Tech House, & Techno Tracks of 2014 - December 19, 2014
- Top 50 Sets/Mixes of 2014: Techno, Deep & Tech House - December 15, 2014
- Lazy Sundays 58: Adam Beyer, Green Velvet, Techno - December 7, 2014