Autoerotique – Asphyxiation
It was the summer of 2011 when a friend of mine came back from Electric Daisy Carnival* in Las Vegas. He naturally had the time of his life and I wanted to know all about it. He barely had any sleep the whole weekend and needed to pass out, but before I got off the phone, he told me to listen to Autoerotique’s track “Bubonic” for a whole different flavor of house that I wasn’t used to hearing. It was a turning point for me because at that point, I didn’t know much about EDM in general and it gave me a fresh new perspective.
Queue a couple years later and I’ve definitely expanded my horizons since then. I’d even go so far as to say that I’ve got a pretty diverse palate for the flavors of EDM. I hold a soft spot in my heart for Autoerotique because of the eye-opening music I was exposed to by listening to “Bubonic.”
“Asphyxiation” is a really hard-hitting track that I had on repeat for a better part yesterday afternoon. One needs to listen to it to gain a judgment, but suffice it to say this is a track that will make its way to some sets this summer.
It’s officially being released on May 28th by Dim Mak Records.
[*Speaking of Electric Daisy Carnival, don’t forget to check out the 3 Day Pass Giveaway for your chance to win a pass to EDC in Las Vegas!]
Latest posts by OTB (see all)
- Which Eyewear style should you rock at festivals? - July 22, 2016
- Your Story: From Pregames To Pretty Lights - June 22, 2016
- EDM Fans are the Most Social Music Fans - April 20, 2016
- Claire Guerreso & Deepend Create “I’m Just A Skipping Stone” - February 26, 2016
- Review: Jeudi Release First Instalment Of Remix Compilation Series - January 24, 2016