Futuristic Polar Bears Return With Hard Hitting “Romani”
2014 was a huge year for the Futuristic Polar Bears, and here’s why.
What else would you expect from Fran Cosgrave, Luke Hayes, and Rhys Buckley; three Brits who have done nothing but pick up momentum in the last four years? Since meeting Rhys in 2010, the three have been featured with Fatboy Slim, toured consistently, and adopted a real polar bear through the World Wildlife Fund. Apparently the name is not just for show.
This year started with Hardwell revealing their track “Back To Earth” as an ID during TomorrowWorld 2013 and only kept going from there.
Support from the number one DJ in the world spawned very deserved signings from Revealed, Ultra, and Spinnin Records; a killer Benny Benassi remix, and the endearingly bizarre music video to “Vargo,” their second collaboration with Danny Howard.
Today the boys are back with no intention of slowing down with “Romani.” Once again they bring their unique brand of “dance floor destroyers” and a massive sound that hits hard with an intensity that just gets your blood pumping.
If you didn’t feel like dancing when it started playing, I will guarantee you’ll be moving by the time it’s over.
Be sure to check back in with Only The Beat when we catch up with Fran, Luke, and Rhys during their Seattle show at Foundation Nightclub on November 21st. In the meantime, head over to their Soundcloud for more tracks like Romani and their Going Global podcast that touches everything from tech house to funky grooves.
Latest posts by Erik Skoog (see all)
- Golden Features Joins Foreign Family Collective With Two Singles - November 28, 2016
- Resolution 2017 Is 50% Sold Out (And We’re Giving Away Free Tickets) - November 23, 2016
- Lose Yourself To Jai Wolf’s Gorgeous “Kindred Spirits EP” - November 18, 2016
- Start Planning Your New Year’s With Resolution 2017 - November 4, 2016
- Anomaly Music Collective Volume Two Release Party - November 2, 2016