Andrei Stephen Brings Deadmau5′ “Some Chords” Into the Future
When deadmau5 partnered with Beatport to hold a remix competition for Dillon Francis’ gritty electro remix of “Some Chords,” the competition was sure to be stiff, especially when the winner is being awarded a Beatport release on an exclusive mau5trap remix compilation. A highlight of the many submissions was a stunning future house reimagination from an 18-year-old producer named Andrei Stephen. You can stream the remix on Beatport’s contest page here, and don’t forget to vote for Andrei Stephen!
Stephen’s remix packs a punch, drawing from apparent electro inspirations like Feed Me, while introducing a groovy, 4/4 house beat to create a mesmerizing result. By keeping the original’s synth builds and iconic piano chord progressions, and adding darker synth stabs as well as bass lines, the Toronto-based producer created a remix that was truly his own and one that his hometown hero could be proud to support.
Listen to the original from deadmau5 below:
Latest posts by OTB (see all)
- Which Eyewear style should you rock at festivals? - July 22, 2016
- Your Story: From Pregames To Pretty Lights - June 22, 2016
- EDM Fans are the Most Social Music Fans - April 20, 2016
- Claire Guerreso & Deepend Create “I’m Just A Skipping Stone” - February 26, 2016
- Review: Jeudi Release First Instalment Of Remix Compilation Series - January 24, 2016
- Andrei Stephen Makes His Mau5trap Debut As Winner of “Some Chords” Remix Contest
- Despite Split, Deadmau5 Pumps Out More Tunes as Promised
- Album News, Future Collabs, & Fun Facts: Zedd Tells All In A Twitter Q&A
- What Happens When You Put Dillon Francis, Deadmau5 and Skrillex in a Car Together…..
- Family Reunion: Dance Music DJ Edition