Andrei Stephen Makes His Mau5trap Debut As Winner of “Some Chords” Remix Contest
Remix competitions have long been a fantastic way for talented, yet undiscovered, producers to break out and have their shot at stardom. Many established superstars, like Madeon, were given their first chance in a remix competition, and in Madeon’s case, his remix of Pendulum’s “The Island” catapulted the emerging Frenchman into the spotlight. The Toronto native, Andrei Stephen, has experienced a similar path as Madeon, but his ceiling is yet to be seen. Stephen remixed Dillon Francis’ electro re-work of deadmau5’s “Some Chords,” as a part of a Beatport competition, and came out on top – winning a release for his track on mau5trap records.
Andrei Stephen’s talent is undeniable – he has a firm grasp on complex sound design, and is able to borrow sounds from different styles and genres at will, without sounding out of place. His remix of Francis’ electro-tinged re-work drifts between a hybrid of a gritty, electro style and a groovier house sound that has risen in popularity lately. Andrei Stephen’s remix of “Some Chords” is officially out now on Beatport.
Latest posts by OTB (see all)
- Which Eyewear style should you rock at festivals? - July 22, 2016
- Your Story: From Pregames To Pretty Lights - June 22, 2016
- EDM Fans are the Most Social Music Fans - April 20, 2016
- Claire Guerreso & Deepend Create “I’m Just A Skipping Stone” - February 26, 2016
- Review: Jeudi Release First Instalment Of Remix Compilation Series - January 24, 2016