Coming to Seattle: Beats Antique’s “A Thousand Faces” Tour!
If you’ve haven’t heard of Beats Antique before now, then you’ve been missing out on some of the most unique synthesized dance music in existence. Zoey Jakes, David Satori, and Tommy “Sidecar” Cappel, better known as Beats Antique, have managed to combine genres such as flamenco, electronica, gypsy-jazz, tribal, and afrobeat, as well as innumerable others into their own unique sound that really cannot be found anywhere else. Recently they successfully used Kickstarter to fund their “A Thousand Faces” tour that will be stopping in Seattle on April 5th. Here’s a sample of their music, straight from the new album:
Beats Antique – Kismat (feat. Alam Khan)
Isn’t it amazing? It’s like nothing you’ve ever heard before! And it gets even better: the money raised from the Kickstarter campaign went straight into creating an elaborate, state of the art stage setup to compliment their new album! Here’s a preview of what you’ll see when they take the stage:
Now if that isn’t reason enough to go see them live, then I don’t know what is. I saw them live the last time they came to Seattle back in 2012, and to this day it remains one of my favorite events I’ve ever gone to at the Showbox Sodo. You can grab tickets to the event here!
Latest posts by Conner Thomas (see all)
- Check out Erik Smalls’ free bootleg of Deadmau5 and Armin van Buuren! - May 1, 2015
- Richie Hawtin’s CNTRL Tour is a gift from the techno gods - April 30, 2015
- The Seattle Trance Scene is Making a Comeback in 2015 - February 19, 2015
- DJ Hodor is Bringing the Rave of Thrones to Seattle - November 26, 2014
- UMEK and Mike Vale Turn up the Funk - November 24, 2014