Bounce Boat NYC Review
A lot has happened in the past few weeks, but one event that has stood out in my mind is the unique opportunity to cruise around the Hudson River on a 210 ft yacht listening to some of the best DJs NYC has to offer. I mean look at this thing…
It was like getting a taste of Holy Ship while having all of the room to dance and party. It might be NYC’s best kept secret when it comes to nightlife. Also, Bounce Boat is starting to bring a list of all-star DJs like Capital Cities, Minnesota, Just Blaze, and The Chainsmokers making each ride up and down the Hudson that much more exciting.
I got to experience the Bass Waves addition and the energy of the crowd was one of the best I have ever seen in New York.
I think what makes Bounce Boat one of the best parties in NYC boils down to three things:
1) The setting is unmatched by any club.
Seriously, name one other club that floats down past the city skyline at 8 knots. Every ticket, even general admission is like getting the VIP treatment at a club in Manhattan.
2) There are so many bars aboard you’ll never have to worry about long lines for drinks.
On top of that, the prices aren’t ridiculously overpriced like the ones you’d find at a hall in Manhattan or one of those clubs with a Cherry logo.
3) DJ Diversity
The fact that there are multiple DJs throughout the ship playing different genres of tunes, gives you options. I walked to the stern of the ship to find some minimal house while I bought a Corona, got down to that, then came back to the mainstage to rage to some heavy bass music. Seriously, this ship is too much fun.
Capital Cities finished out July for the ship last Friday, but stay tuned to their Facebook page for more dates in August. This is one boat you don’t want to miss.
Latest posts by Ben Morris (see all)
- Zeros debut Album “Space Noir” creates a smoky haze of adrenaline - October 4, 2014
- What So Not Posts a Mix that’s not “So What?!?” - September 29, 2014
- Is Electro Making a Comeback? - September 20, 2014
- Must Listen – deadmau5 Silent Picture (Grabbitz Vocal Edit) - September 14, 2014
- Cashmere Cat teams up with Ariana Grande – Be My Baby - August 21, 2014