Tacos & Trap Music – Rito Loco X GTA Event Review
This past Friday I found myself in Washington, D.C on S Street, tacos in hand, jamming out to an hour of tunes curated by the duo, GTA; it was totally awesome.
Earlier that day, GTA tweeted out to their followers that they’d be spinning at a small taco / burrito joint called Rito Loco, from 9-10pm, as a pregame for their headlining performance at Echostage later that night. I wasn’t particularly busy, so I figured I’d check it out. I got there shortly after 9pm, and walked into a scene straight out of a stoners’ dream – heavy beats & tacos galore.
It was a very intimate gathering, probably attended by no more than 25 people, however the energy was surreal. There weren’t any faux-fans in the vicinity…just music lovers, all of whom shared an appreciation for grilled burritos and out of this world tacos. As for the set, GTA played tracks from the likes of Mark Morrison, Sage The Gemini, Tiesto, and Travis Scott; even spinning their new track “Smokers Unite” and an unreleased collaboration with Skrillex.
I’d love to see more artists do small pre-parties like this one. It allows fans to come hang out in a laid back atmosphere; and gives the artist an opportunity to play unreleased tracks or deep cuts they wouldn’t normally play.
Catch GTA on their Goons Take America tour in Illinois and Wisconsin this weekend!
Latest posts by Chris Bergin (see all)
- Nora En Pure Scheduled to Spin Her Way Across America This Winter - December 26, 2015
- Slow Magic, Giraffage, & Daktyl: So Cute! Tour Review - November 28, 2015
- Slow Magic, Giraffage, & Daktyl Take On Webster Hall This Friday (11/20) - November 19, 2015
- Tacos & Trap Music – Rito Loco X GTA Event Review - November 19, 2015
- Morning Sun – Corey James & Joakim Molitor - November 13, 2015