5 PARADISO SETS YOU CAN’T MISS: PART III
We asked and you responded! Here are some more of your can’t miss Paradiso sets. Check out these suggestions from Taylor Wiesmann, Bobby Stewart, Jessica McCann, Desire Goldberg, and Grant Stevens.
We still want to hear from you! Send us a message with the five sets you’ll be at no matter what and a sentence or two on why for each and we might include you in a future post!
Send your set suggestions in an email to [email protected]
Taylor Wiesmann (Seattle, Washington)
- GTA – The first (and only) time I have ever seen GTA was at Lucky 2014 and I have never danced so hard in my life. I’m a huge moombah fan and they do an awesome job incorporating this underrepresented genre into their sets.
- Ilan Bluestone – When Day 2 of Freaknight was cancelled, Ilan Bluestone was the artist I was most upset to be missing. I’ve been hoping and praying that he’d come back within the year, and I can’t imagine a more perfect venue to see him at than The Gorge.
- Knife Party – Their newest album was such a departure from their typical style…it was such a breath of fresh air! I’m interested to see if/how they mix some of the chiller songs into their set.
- Pegboard Nerds – I have had a love affair with Pegboard Nerds since they played Paradiso 2013 and have seen them every time they’ve come to Foundation. They span just about every genre and their melodies are so damn catchy! “Self Destruct” and their remix of “Alive” remain some of my favorite songs to this day.
- Snails – When Snails opened for Brillz at Foundation this Winter, he completely stole the show. His unique sound combined with some awesome mixing and mashups made for a truly unforgettable performance.
Honorary Mention: Skrillex, of course! I have regretted selling my ticket to his show at WaMu in 2011 ever since…
Bobby Stewart (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
- Wave Racer – I almost cried when I saw him near the end of this unbelievable lineup. This guy makes the happiest, most energetic music I’ve ever heard.
- Knife Party – Umm are you kidding me?!?! This will be the second time these guys kill Paradiso after making an appearance in 2012.
- Eptic B2B MUST DIE! – Pretty sure this is like a dubstep miracle. This set is going to be one for the books.
- KOAN Sound – If you were to look up “chill music” in the DJ dictionary, KOAN Sound’s Dynasty EP would be next to it…along with every other song they’ve made…ever.
- Kill The Noise – Watching KTN perform is a blast. I had the pleasure of seeing him at Boonstock last summer and it was crazy! This guy knows how to work a crowd.
Jessica McCann (Sultan, Washington)
- Skrillex – I have been DYING to see him ever since I started going to shows. This is my first chance to see him and I couldn’t be more excited! He got me into EDM and I listened to him in From First to Last back in the day and I just love him ♡
- Doctor P b2b Funtcase – I saw Cookie Monsta b2b Funtcase at Freaknight this year and it blew my mind! I have always been a big fan of Doctor P so I really cannot wait to see what these guys got!! Bring on the bass ♡
- Big Gigantic – I’m really excited to see the saxophone on stage, I know big gigantic is going to bring it and I cannot wait to see this set!
- Kill The Noise – I absolutely love Kill The Noise! I’ve seen him one time and I fell in love with his set! Such an amazing artist I cannot wait to see him at The Gorge 🙂
- Zomboy – I love Zomboy. Honestly, everything about him is great he never disappoints! Zomboy has always been one of my favorite artists and always will be. Bring in the bass! I am so ready to see my favorite DJ again!!!:) ♡♡
Desire Goldberg (South Hill, Washington)
- Skrillex – Skrillex always throws down and I know it will be a good set. I’ve seen him at Bumpershoot and that’s what got me into the community. I was amazed at what he did there and Paradiso is heaven on earth and I know his set is going to be off the hook.
- Yellow Claw – I just know this set is going to go hard as fuck and I get to rage with my brothers and sisters.
- Doctor P B2B Funtcase – I have never seen either and they both throw the fuck down.
- Knife Party – I have never seen them before and have wanted to for years. I was so stoked for Resolution 2014, but missed their set. 🙁 I like how dark their shit is and am ready to get it.
- KillThe Noise – Two Words: Black. Magic.
Grant Stevens (Seattle, Washington)
- Alesso – Ever since his Ultra set in 2014 I’ve had Alesso on my radar, hoping that he’ll make his way up to our great Northwest corner. That wait in combination with his album dropping makes this a must see. Sweet anticipation.
- Big Gigantic – You can throw a saxophone in just about anything and I’m stoked…those high school jazz band roots run deep. However, the energy and funk these guys bring make it hard to pass up. I know I’ll be dancing like a fool somewhere – gimme’ space!
- Pierce Fulton – Pierce is to EDM what cheesecake is to dinner: delicious and so succulency satisfying. I love cheesecake, I love Pierce, I’ll be there.
- Armin van Buuren – I mean, its Armin. I’ve never had a bad time when he is captaining the vibes ship, so I’m definitely jumping on this musical cruise.
- Martin Garrix – I’m pretty shocked I’m saying this, but I’m actually excited to see Martin Garrix. His live set seems much stronger since I last saw him, which has my curiosity piqued. Throw in a few of his recent annoyingly catchy collaborations and it is going to be hard to stay away.
Latest posts by Erik Skoog (see all)
- Golden Features Joins Foreign Family Collective With Two Singles - November 28, 2016
- Resolution 2017 Is 50% Sold Out (And We’re Giving Away Free Tickets) - November 23, 2016
- Lose Yourself To Jai Wolf’s Gorgeous “Kindred Spirits EP” - November 18, 2016
- Start Planning Your New Year’s With Resolution 2017 - November 4, 2016
- Anomaly Music Collective Volume Two Release Party - November 2, 2016