Oasis Reaffirms San Diego’s Status as an Underground Mecca
San Diego was once known as a quaint beach city with not too much of a rave scene (aside from the club Bassmnt), but now promoters and ravers alike have been working diligently to change that. In March, the city hosted Crssd Festival, which served as a culmination so to speak of all the efforts made on the part of the underground electronic music community.
Since then, San Diego’s reputation has continued to grow as a leader in the underground house, techno, and electronica scene. Underground warehouse events are on the rise, and Fingers Crssd’s club Bang Bang is hosting better and better acts.
To help continue this tradition, Oasis festival will be holding its premier event this Saturday in downtown San Diego, not too far from where Crssd Festival took place. Headlining it is the prolific duo Oliver, known for their unique spin on electronica, and local San Diegan Gaslamp Killer, whose jazz and funk elements make for a catchy performance every time he performs live. Others performing are Penguin Prison, and two of San Diego’s most famous underground house DJs, Jimbo James and Dadon.
This is a festival that any San Diego music junkie won’t want to miss! Tickets start at $30, so there’s no excuse to miss it. I personally can’t wait!
Oliver – MYB
Latest posts by Christina Hernandez (see all)
- Oasis Provides Unique Bubble of Fun For Underground EDM Fans - June 16, 2015
- Oasis Reaffirms San Diego’s Status as an Underground Mecca - June 12, 2015
- We’re “Chained” to This Alex Di Stefano Remix - June 9, 2015
- My Transformation at Lightning In A Bottle - June 2, 2015
- ARLO Takes Us Back to Old School Sounds With “Revin'” - May 10, 2015