5 Freaknight Sets You Can’t Miss (Part II)
We asked and you responded! Here are set suggestions from Derek Gewald, Taylar Fernandini, and Taylor Saxby. If you need some inspiration, be sure to check out our Freaknight playlist at the bottom of this post.
We still want to hear from you! Send us a message with the five sets you’ll be at no matter what and a sentence or two on why for each and we might include you in a future post!
Send your set suggestions in an email to ErikTroyerSkoog@gmail.com or leave them in the comments below.
Derek Gewald (Seattle, Washington)
- Nero – I saw Nero first at the Gorge during Identity, and it was the best set of that amazing event. I just love their style of bass music, and their new album The Thrill has some great songs that I’m very excited to hear on a big stage.
- Claude Vonstroke – I’ve seen Claude seven times and he’s been either great or amazing each time. Super fun bouncy house that just makes the entire dance floor smile and get their groove on.
- Brillz – I’ve not seen Brillz, but I can’t stop listening to him on Soundcloud, Callisto has to be my favorite trap song at the moment. Add in the fact that my good friend whose taste I trust says he’s amazing and I’m very excited to check out Brillz at Freaknight.
- Sub Focus – Has a top tier DnB catalogue and has a lot of female vocal bass music which I just enjoy way too much. I’ve seen him a couple times and always had a great time.
- Infected Mushroom Classic Set – Infected Mushroom and Pendulum got me into music which is now a very large part of my life. Their old album Converting Vegetarians has been on repeat for me for years and years and years. Hearing “Heavyweight” on a big system would be a dream.
Taylar Fernandini (Seattle, Washington)
- Deadmau5 – this one is pretty obvious, a must see in my opinion. I mean, its Deadmau5 after all.
- Nero – I have not had the pleasure of seeing Nero live yet, but I have watched their live sets when I could via internet. I have been a big fan of Nero’s music for a while now, and can honestly say this will be a highlight of my night.
- Nicky Romero – I got the chance to catch some of Romero’s set at EDC Las Vegas this year, and I need to hear more. I couldn’t catch the full set at EDC but I won’t miss it at Freaknight!
- Don Diablo – He has a bunch of energy which I personally love in an artist. He plays some funky and chill beats, all great to dance to and he has that “older” electronica sound. Check out the video from Tomorrowland 2015, Don Diablo and Tiesto played “Chemicals” which was a great live show in my opinion. And with both of these guys being there, who knows, maybe they will give us a show we won’t forget eh?
- Dirtyphonics – Now if you are like me and like a good amount of bass but also some fast beats and amazing vocals, I would suggest some Dirtyphonics. They have some tracks with such great vocals to them, but some of my favorites is just their sound. Some great beats, awesome bass lines, and just all around amazing sound.
Taylor Saxby (Seattle, Washington)
- Pete Tong – Known as one of the “ambassadors of dance music,” he truly is a legend. I know of him through the “Essential Selection” mixes on BBC1 and how he has pioneered dance music on the radio. I’m more than excited to hear what he will bless us with Friday at the Tacoma Dome. Should be some fire.
- Nero – One of my first experiences listening to EDM came from listening to this group. The fact that they’re still killing it in today’s scene has got me hyped. Plus, “The Thrill” is in my top 10 songs released this year, so I can’t wait to hear them perform from their new album including the classics.
- Adventure Club – One of the coolest, most lively groups to ever do it. From cuts like “Rise and Fall,” “Gold,” “Wonder” (my favorite), and “Thunderclap” (classic!!). They just continue to produce magical music. Plus, they get me jumping around acting a fool like no other.
- Brillz – Brillz is an artist that I want to hear more of. I love the head bobbing that eventually turns into head thrashing sounds that he puts out. I’m a fan of the heavy bass and trap scene, and Brillz brings that for sure.
- Deadmau5 – Not sure if anyone could leave off Deadmau5 from a top 5 set list. I mean good golly miss molly, this guy throws it down. He just continues to put out classic after classic. I can’t wait to hear “Some Chords,” among others. Also, the mouse head is absolutely iconic, and I can’t wait to see it in real life.
Latest posts by Erik Skoog (see all)
- Get Lucky With The Future Sound of Egypt - February 7, 2017
- Lucky 2017 Lineup Announced (Also, Go Buy A Plastic Backpack!) - January 20, 2017
- Artists To Know In 2017: Hype Beast - January 18, 2017
- Behind The Beat: Michael Brun & His Newest Release, “U” - January 4, 2017
- Golden Features Joins Foreign Family Collective With Two Singles - November 28, 2016