Festival Season Kickoff: CRSSD Spring 2016
CRSSD Festival Spring 2016 is set to be the third edition at Waterfront Park
in San Diego in the past 12 months. This will be my third time in attendance, so needless to say, I really don’t think you should miss this. This year they picked March 5th and 6th to be the dates which is just before Daylight Savings time for any of you that were worried about facing the high temperatures from last March. The lineups have gotten progressively better each time and ticket prices are remaining reasonable, making this a great start to your festival season.
Full Lineup Release
This show always brings a little bit of everything as far as music styles go, although the curation of this lineup is what brings me back. They keep pretty true to their roots with the best underground house and techno artists, alongside some amazing live acts also.
At the Ocean View stage Odesza and Chet Faker are headlining after selling out shows around the globe this past year. Most everyone on this stage will be playing live, however; there is a special guest appearance with Gesaffelstein doing DJ set.
At the Palms stage (house acts), they are bringing classic names like Tiga, Skream, and Green Velvet. If those names weren’t enough for you, make sure to check out some of the artists that have recently exploded onto the scene like Lane 8, the Dirtybird crew, and Kidnap Kid.
Last but not least we have the City Steps stage which is all about the techno. Two hour extended sets are featured on this stage from artists that have played the best sets I have ever personally seen. These artists include Cirez D (Eric Prydz), Loco Dice, Tale of Us, Hot Since 82, and Damian Lazarus. I will probably not miss an entire set at this stage all weekend.
Parking and Transportation
Parking can be a little expensive and getting in can be quite difficult at Waterfront Park so here are a few recommendations for you.
- Get a hotel that is within walking distance of the festival and just pay to park there.
- If you plan on driving but are not getting a hotel, I would recommend purchasing a parking spot in a parking garage in advanced.
- Get a hotel/park near Fashion Valley
- This one is my personal favorite and what I will be doing this time around. You can walk to train stops from any of these hotels in about five minutes and in less than half an hour you will be dropped off a block from the venue.
Make sure to get your tickets soon because they will be going from Tier II to Tier III soon and are currently at $145/ticket.
Latest posts by Wesley McLaughlin (see all)
- Festival Season Kickoff: CRSSD Spring 2016 - February 15, 2016
- CRSSD is Bringin’ Summer Back - October 23, 2015
- CRSSD Festival Fall Edition: Phase II Lineup Release - August 28, 2015
- Burgers, Brews, and Birds: July 5 Dirtybird BBQ Seattle - July 1, 2015
- RL Grime’s Void Tour Takes Over The Neptune 1/20 & 1/22 - January 20, 2015