5 Sets You Can’t Miss at Paradiso 2016 (Chosen By You!) – Part I
Can you believe it? Paradiso is less than a month away! And just like last year, we want to hear from you! What are your can’t miss performances? Send us a message with the five sets you’ll definitely be at and a sentence or two on why for each and we might include you in a future post!
Check out some suggestions from fellow attendees Steven Tran, Emily Kerr, Jordan Renteria, Georgina Pederson, and myself (and Doge, too!).
Email your suggestions to Erik at [email protected].
Oh, by the way…we have some VIP passes to give away too…
Steven Tran (Everett, Washington)
- The Chainsmokers – I FREAKED out when I found out they were on the lineup for this years Paradiso!! They are one of my favorite artist because they know how to control a crowd! Their music is beyond amazing and hits you right in the feels! Once you start listening to their set you cannot stop!
- Jauz – I’ve seen him 4 times in the past year and each time he just gets more amazing! Jauz converted me into a bass head when I saw him at Go Hard Seattle! He plays a variety of music from deep house to wompy bass. Plus you will meet some of the craziest shark squad members in the crowd shark emoticon
- Illenium – Without a doubt my #1 choice. He’s a rising star in the scene! If you haven’t had the chance to listen to him yet, check out his album “Ashes.” Do it NOW!! Can’t wait to vibe with him at the Gorge this summer!
- Deorro – I saw Deorro two days before Life in Color 2015 and let me tell you…I have never had so much fun at a show. If you love to shuffle, this is the set to be at. I legitimately tore my shoes by the end of the night!
- Bear Grillz – When I first went to see Bear Grillz at Excision in Portland earlier this year, I thought nothing of him because I was looking forward to Excision so much, but wow, he blew my f******* mind! He played so much dirty trap and remixes I’ve never even heard before! Also I think I sprained my neck from head banging so much…so worth it though.
Emily Kerr (Bellingham, Washington)
- The Chainsmokers – I mean duh. Anything after “Selfie” is amazing. Their music is the perfect balance between beautiful and filthy.
- Audien – I’ve never seen Audien but whenever I listen to any of his songs they put me in the best mood. The perfect music to dance around with your friends on the hill at sunset (I’m hoping).
- Herobust – No matter what he drops you instantly get the dirtiest bass face you’ve ever made. I have a weakness for glitchy bass music and he oh man does he deliver
- RL Grime – I saw RL Grime once last year at The Neptune and oh my god. With his sets you’ll get that bass that you can feel throughout your body and it’s SO good. I’ve been craving seeing him again and I won’t be missing his set
- Illenium – Okay. Let’s be honest. Illenium has BLOWN up this year. I remember the first time I listened to him, it was 2 days after Paradiso last year and it was his remix of Gold Dust. As soon as it dropped I started crying because it was so beautiful. I know everyone is saying “don’t miss his set!” But SERIOUSLY. DO NOT MISS HIS SET.
Jordan Renteria (Seattle, Washington)
- The Chainsmokers – The first time i saw them was at Paradiso 2014 (which my first Paradiso) and it was one of my favorite sets. I’m so excited to hear them play their new stuff.
- Deorro – I missed him when he was here the last few times, but was lucky enough to see him last year at his Panda Funk Tour and let me tell you, he doesn’t disappoint!
- DVBBS – When they were suppose to be here the second night of Freaknight 2014 I was so sad, but now that they are coming back to the Gorge I will not miss them!
- Rezz – Such a talented up and coming artist that with each new song of her’s that I hear, I get more and more stoked to see her.
- Cash Cash – The very first time I walked into The Gorge for Paradiso 2014 these guys were playing and the song was Take Me Home. Now they are playing again and each time I hear it I will always think of going back home, to Paradiso.
Georgina Pederson (Seattle, Washington)
- Astrix – PSY PSY PSY. Had the pleasure of seeing him at the first Dreamstate in Los Angeles. He melted faces with his relentless driving energy and thumping beats.
- BT – He helped me discover electronic music when I was 14. Brilliant, insanely talented producer. Layers upon layers in each one of his songs.
- Gorgon City – This duo brings so much feel good energy. It’ll definitely be an all-out party on the dance floor.
- Cosmic Gate – These guys are the epitome of beautiful and uplifting trance. Their sets take you on a journey. They’re true pioneers.
- What So Not – Definitely my favorite dubstep DJ at the moment . His high/lows make you want to get down with the get down
Erik Skoog & Doge (Seattle, Washington)
- Sigala – I had my ringtone as “ABC” by the Jackson 5 for like two years in college. I’m just a big fan of happy, catchy music that gets your feet moving.
- New World Punx – The last time New World Punx was in Seattle for Freaknight 2013, I was still just a little too fresh to the scene to know who they were. Having seen both Marcus Schulz and Ferry Corsten since then (and getting to interview Ferry when he was at Foundation in July), watching them perform together should be interesting.
- Illenium – Pretty, complex, emotionally charged music. Love it.
- The Chainsmokers – Even though I’ve been at a few of their shows in the past couple years, there’s always been something that’s gotten in the way of me really getting to enjoy the music. Don’t let me down this time, guys. Also, Dom totally called how big they were going to get.
- Dillon Francis – Are you guys following him on Snapchat? You guys should definitely be following him on Snapchat.
Need inspiration? Check out our Paradiso 2016 playlist on Spotify!
Latest posts by Erik Skoog (see all)
- Big Wild’s “Invincible” Is Unrestrained and Gorgeous - October 4, 2016
- ‘All We Know’ and Some Thoughts On The Chainsmokers - October 1, 2016
- Freaknight 20 Full Lineup (and 4 Other Things You Should Be Excited About) - September 30, 2016
- Magnifique: Transcending The Rave - September 26, 2016
- Seven Things Before You Go To Magnifique - September 13, 2016