Autograf Tops HypeMachine with Latest Lorde Remix
The summer of 2014 saw the expansion of a gorgeous (and relatively new) genre, Tropical House. While we have Thomas Jack to thank for popularizing the feel-good genre roughly a year ago, this summer saw the release of tropical remix after tropical remix. From Kygo, to Manilla Killa, to Sam Feldt, it seemed like there was a new poolside jam released every week.
With the emergence of mainstream (radio-friendly) Deep House, there seemed to be a significant shift in dance culture this summer. Hardcore Dubstep & gritty Electro seem more suited to colossal festivals, while laid-back flute/saxophone-infused tracks are ideal for summertime gatherings of any kind. The growing appeal of Tropical House can be seen in Kygo’s performance at TomorrowWorld, and most importantly, his filling in for the ailing Avicii.
The trio from Chicago had an incredible summer. Between touring across the country and multiple HypeMachine #1’s, it’s safe to say the sunshine season was kind to the young producers. For this remix, Lorde’s original is given huge, somewhat ominous bassline, and some surreptitious steel drums. The result is a ripe remix, primed for picking.
Have a listen below and snag the free download HERE!
Also, make sure you check out their first two releases of the summer! And keep an eye out for Autograf…we may some fresh material in the next few weeks!
Latest posts by Chris Bergin (see all)
- Nora En Pure Scheduled to Spin Her Way Across America This Winter - December 26, 2015
- Slow Magic, Giraffage, & Daktyl: So Cute! Tour Review - November 28, 2015
- Slow Magic, Giraffage, & Daktyl Take On Webster Hall This Friday (11/20) - November 19, 2015
- Tacos & Trap Music – Rito Loco X GTA Event Review - November 19, 2015
- Morning Sun – Corey James & Joakim Molitor - November 13, 2015