Why You Should Wear Sunscreen In December
Does anyone remember Baz Luhrmann‘s classic track “Everybody’s Free (To Wear Sunscreen)“? This preachy 1990’s spoken-word track crushed MTV in 1999 and placed the well known filmmaker on the Pop charts. If you don’t recognize the director by name, you most certainly know his work (The Great Gatsby, Moulin Rouge!, Romeo + Juliet, etc…).
Here to revive Luhrmann’s hit is Mau Kilauea, an unsigned producer with a meager 250 Facebook likes to his name (so lets change that). This 24 year old producer cites Matoma, Kygo, and Avicii as his musical influences, describing his style as both intoxicating and refreshing. He’s been DJ’ing for over 4 years, and spent the summer of 2013 spinning on a small Greek Island perched in the Mediterranean sea (not a bad gig to have…) With previous productions including stunning reworks of Avicii’s “The Nights“, and Dario G’s “Sunchyme“, this tropical producer is on the fast track to scorching success.
Slip into your swimsuit and check out Kilauea’s Hype Machine #1 below!
And trust me on the Sunscreen thing….
Latest posts by Chris Bergin (see all)
- Nora En Pure Scheduled to Spin Her Way Across America This Winter - December 26, 2015
- Slow Magic, Giraffage, & Daktyl: So Cute! Tour Review - November 28, 2015
- Slow Magic, Giraffage, & Daktyl Take On Webster Hall This Friday (11/20) - November 19, 2015
- Tacos & Trap Music – Rito Loco X GTA Event Review - November 19, 2015
- Morning Sun – Corey James & Joakim Molitor - November 13, 2015