RL Grime Drops Remix of TNGHT’s “Acrylics”
RL Grime needs no introduction. He has cemented himself into the proverbial electronic music hall of fame between the tracks he has produced/remixed and his 2014 debut album VOID. His latest remix of TNGHT’s “Acrylics” continues the tradition of thoughtful production merged with beats that get you turnt.
You might remember TNGHT as a production power duo consisting of Hudson Mohawke and Lunice. Their track “Higher Ground” (which I frustratingly continue to confuse with the Red Hot Chili Pepper’s track, despite being from two different genres and eras of music) got diverse plays in sets from Flux Pavilion to Yellow Claw. TNGHT’s legacy will not only be furthered, but properly honored, by having RL Grime put his spin on one of their tracks.
Grime’s remix of “Acrylics” takes the creepy introduction used in the original track (chimes and a weird little voice thing, basically some American Horror Story sounding shit) and throws his unique spin on it, rich with the 808 and a bass line familiar to album favorites “Scylla” and “Core.”
Better grab that free download offer below so you can experience RL Grime’s latest remix, proving he is deserving of the status: trap kingpin.
Latest posts by Alex Blake (see all)
- Behind the Beat: Elephante - December 21, 2016
- Richie Hawtin Showcases the MODEL 1 Mixer at Output - December 1, 2016
- LUNA Mondays Brings Funky House to the UES - November 19, 2016
- RVDIOVCTIVE + Louie & Chan is a Match Made in Paradise - November 16, 2016
- Andrew Rayel Takes Over Lavo NYC Halloween Weekend - October 27, 2016