Steve James Flips The Weeknd’s “Earned It” On Its Head With Some Help From Jasmine Thompson
The age-old saying that hard work pays off has never been truer when summarizing the continued success of Philadelphia’s own, Steve James. After amassing over two million plays on his remix of ZHU’s massive single, “Faded,” and releasing hit after hit to the delight of his growing fan base, Steve has been quietly at work in the studio, leaving us in eager anticipation for his next release. It arrives in the form of “Earned It,” a smooth, sultry progressive take on the hit single from The Weeknd, and it was definitely worth the wait. With haunting vocals covered by the talented Jasmine Thompson, Steve masterfully arranges melodic piano chords to compliment a soft percussive arrangement. The powerful breakdowns crafted here ultimately display both his unparalleled creativity and the maturing of his sound, as James continues to impress us with his consistency and undeniable talent. “Earned It” is the first single in a series of releases on the way from the Pittsburgh native, and we can’t wait to see what he has in store for us.
Latest posts by OTB (see all)
- Which Eyewear style should you rock at festivals? - July 22, 2016
- Your Story: From Pregames To Pretty Lights - June 22, 2016
- EDM Fans are the Most Social Music Fans - April 20, 2016
- Claire Guerreso & Deepend Create “I’m Just A Skipping Stone” - February 26, 2016
- Review: Jeudi Release First Instalment Of Remix Compilation Series - January 24, 2016
- Enjoy Steve James’ Impressive First Original, “Renaissance”
- Steve James Gives “I Want You To Know” A Different Progressive House Face
- Steve James Leads Melanie Martinez’ “Soap” Remix Pack With Fantastic Rendition
- Blue Collar’s Inspirational New Tune – Ark!
- Stooki Sound Turns R&B into Trap on The Weeknd Remix