Keep it Smooth and Sexy with Kygo’s “Midnight” Remix
Oh Kygo, when are you ever going to make a production I don’t like? In case you guys haven’t heard, our beloved Norwegian prodigy is back – this time with a smooth, sultry rendition of Coldplay’s new single “Midnight.”
Midnight (Kygo Remix) – Coldplay
Pretty damned sexy, amirite?
The original version of this song is already one of my favorites of the year, and I knew the second I saw Kygo’s name on the remix that this was going to be a quality production. He starts off his version by making a smooth, sexy, R&B-inspired melody using the classic sound effect that we hear in all of his songs. Then, the juicy part. Transitioning to the lovely, minimal breakdown Kygo mixes in effortlessly the haunting vocals of Chris Martin into an almost tribal drum pattern, leading eventually into a smooth house-y tune. If you don’t want to groove while listening to this, then I don’t know what to say! Enjoy the music, lovelies.
Latest posts by Christina Hernandez (see all)
- Oasis Provides Unique Bubble of Fun For Underground EDM Fans - June 16, 2015
- Oasis Reaffirms San Diego’s Status as an Underground Mecca - June 12, 2015
- We’re “Chained” to This Alex Di Stefano Remix - June 9, 2015
- My Transformation at Lightning In A Bottle - June 2, 2015
- ARLO Takes Us Back to Old School Sounds With “Revin'” - May 10, 2015