Duke Dumont Wants to Slow Dance With You
Duke Dumont seems to never make anything than exceptional music. With recent tracks like “Need U (100%)” and “I Got U” hitting number one on the UK charts as well as the US dance charts in 2013 and 2014 respectively, we would expect nothing less than another killer one.
This track already has 100,000 + plays on SoundCloud and will come out on The Duke’s next EP, For Club Play Only Part Three. Titled “Slow Dance,” it makes me want to do anything but that. The track has a darker, more club feel than his previous songs that seem have more upbeat vocals, and these vocals in this track are all about getting down.
Duke Dumont starts you off with a basic clap beat, introduces a wobbly bass line, then the main vocal is introduced: “I want to slow dance with you.” After the second what I would call “chorus,” a dirty acid house beat is revealed and if you don’t get down to that, I don’t know what will make your feet move.
I’m most impressed with how different this is from “Need U (100%),” “I Got U,” and even his most recent song “Won’t Look Back,” but is is still equally amazing. Can’t wait to see what else is coming from this guy.
Let us know what your favorite release from Duke Dumont is in the comments section below!
Latest posts by Wesley McLaughlin (see all)
- Festival Season Kickoff: CRSSD Spring 2016 - February 15, 2016
- CRSSD is Bringin’ Summer Back - October 23, 2015
- CRSSD Festival Fall Edition: Phase II Lineup Release - August 28, 2015
- Burgers, Brews, and Birds: July 5 Dirtybird BBQ Seattle - July 1, 2015
- RL Grime’s Void Tour Takes Over The Neptune 1/20 & 1/22 - January 20, 2015