Oliver Heldens Drops His Latest Hit “Koala”
This week 19-year old Dutch artist Oliver Heldens released his latest track (after the amazing success of “Gecko”) called “Koala” on Spinnin’ Records. Heldens started his music career when he became a part of the Spinnin’ Records crew in 2013, however his first releases were with sub-label Oxygen Records and British label Cr2 with tracks like “Stinger” on Oxygen and “Javelin” on Cr2. Heldens achieved his first worldwide hit when Tiesto signed his addictive back-and-forth beat “Gecko” on his label Musical Freedom Records at the end of 2013.
Since then, a mainstream vocal production with the voice of British singer Becky Hill called “Overdrive” has been released on Pete Tong’s FFRR label. So far in 2014 Heldens has played at major worldwide festivals including Tommorrowland, and will also appear at Creamfields and Electric Zoo later this summer.
The song begins with elements of a deep house melody with lots of swanky synths and an alternating pitch. As the song hits the build up it combines the use of edited vocal effects with a slower pace. The climax features a classic keyboard melody that is typical of Modern House. Whether this is Oliver Heldens’ newest hit remains to be seen, but it is clear that this resembles an evolution from his early Electro releases to his current House and Deep House style.
Latest posts by Dan Pearse (see all)
- Oliver Heldens Drops His Latest Hit “Koala” - August 9, 2014
- Kryder & Tom Staar – Big Momma’s House - August 2, 2014
- Fatboy Slim, Diplo, and more – Eparrei (W&W Remix) - June 13, 2014
- Promise Land – Vega (Original Mix) - May 9, 2014
- Twoloud shows who’s the ‘Greatest DJ’ - May 1, 2014
- Oliver Heldens Teams Up With Zeds Dead on “You Know”
- Oliver Heldens Is Ready To Light The Dancefloor On Fire With “Bunnydance”
- British Singer Becky Hill Brings Life to Oliver Heldens’ “Gecko”
- Show Oliver Heldens Your Best Moves To Win a Spot in the “Bunny Dance” Music Video
- Oliver Heldens Releases New Collaboration With Tiesto, “Wombass”