Melvv Gives “Mirror Maru” the Dance Club Treatment
I’m in a random dance club, somewhere in Europe, surrounded by the “ADGF” double-lettered requirements, alcohol, accents, designer brands, dresses, glitter, glam, flashing lights, and fame.
Who would have thought that a producer from Wisconsin could visually and mentally take me through my wildest imaginations with a Cashmere Cat bootleg?
Melvv completely came out of left field and threw a curve ball at all of us with his “Mirror Maru” bootleg. The track undergoes an obscure treatment that I never really thought I would introduce to my playlist and adjust my ears to.
Cashmere Cat – Mirror Maru (Melvv Bootleg)
To be honest, I don’t really know how I would describe the Cashmere Cat’s genre, but if I had to label it, it would an infusion of future trap and jersey club. However, Melvv’s bootleg keeps all the main aspects and ingenuity of Cashy’s original and at the same time, stuns us with an electronic dance approach, demonstrating the endless remix possibilities that “Mirror Maru” has to offer.
Latest posts by Gabby Espinet (see all)
- Obseen Will Make Your Hotline Bling - March 18, 2016
- Beshken Induces Us With A Smooth Yet Bouncy Beat - February 25, 2016
- Not Like That x Smoothie Tunes Present: London Showcase at The Yard - February 23, 2016
- Nine Lives Shows us what he can do with Louis The Child’s, “It’s Strange” - January 17, 2016
- Sad Money Releases the Next “Hotline” Ring-tone - November 19, 2015