Monakr Gives RAC & Matthew Koma’s “Cheap Sunglasses” a Tropical Touch
I’ve been watching Miami Vice reruns on Netflix lately, and aside from an urge to start dressing in pastel linen suits with Espadrils, and doing as much cocaine as I can get my hands on, its also got me on an 80s music kick. So it piqued my curiosity to see RAC had teamed up with Matthew Koma for a rework of the ZZ Top classic “Cheap Sunglasses,” and that MONAKR had lent his touch to the remix.
It’s a breezy, smooth, a little ditty, which I suppose a lot of people would classify as tropical house, which (all genre-whoring aside) is pretty apt description. RAC has always had a bright, shiny sound, and MONAKR flips it with some shimmery, Caribbean goodness. Play at high volume in the sunshine.
RAC – Cheap Sunglasses (MONAKR Remix)
Latest posts by Keith Ancker (see all)
- ak9 Remixes Disco House Classic “Is It Love” from Chili Hi Fly - March 14, 2015
- Monakr Gives RAC & Matthew Koma’s “Cheap Sunglasses” a Tropical Touch - March 14, 2015
- Black Butter Records Drops Garage House Heat With Jonas LR’s “Lotus” - March 13, 2015
- Thee Afterdark’s “Thank You” Gets A Rework From majorpeoples - March 12, 2015
- DJ Rap is Back With a Wicked Vibe on “Slam” - February 7, 2015