Mr. Belt and Wezol Team Up With Freejak for “Somebody to Love”
Since exploding onto the scene with their monstrous future house jam, “Shiver,” Mr. Belt and Wezol have steadily risen up the ranks of dance music producers to become two of future house’s finest producers. Lately, their trademark has been taking a piece of the past and breathing new life into it by infusing it with their signature future house sound. CeCe Peniston and her 90s hit, “Finally,” was the first American classic to receive the Mr. Belt and Wezol treatment, but the Dutch duo’s latest effort, with the emerging UK producer, Freejak, has seen the threesome turn the dial back even further to take on Jefferson Airplane’s iconic 1967 track, “Somebody to Love,” and give it a refreshed sound.
Mr. Belt and Wezol and Freejak keep the rock and roll foundation of the track solid with the metallic guitar melodies, subtle string accents, and Grace Slick’s iconic, soul-soaked vocals while building to a crescendo. The three producers keep the mood light and easygoing with uplifting synth arrangements and a booming bass line that makes the track an early morning staple in DJ sets. “Somebody to Love” is out now on Beatport.
Latest posts by OTB (see all)
- Which Eyewear style should you rock at festivals? - July 22, 2016
- Your Story: From Pregames To Pretty Lights - June 22, 2016
- EDM Fans are the Most Social Music Fans - April 20, 2016
- Claire Guerreso & Deepend Create “I’m Just A Skipping Stone” - February 26, 2016
- Review: Jeudi Release First Instalment Of Remix Compilation Series - January 24, 2016