Review: Vibe Killers – Underground EP
Killer Vibes is a label and production pair that aim to serve up only, term, killer vibes. They have done so to great effect so far over the course of four EPs, and this latest one might just be the best yet. The men behind it are Mark and Mickey Horsey, a Burnley duo that have also released on labels like Sinnmusik.
Up first here is Underground, a to the point club jam that has stiff percussion, well chilled snares and robust drums setting a perfect marching pace. Simple but effective, this is no frills club music that does a fine job of making you want to move your ass. Some clever vocal samples and fine sense of tension building imbue the track with the extras it needs to really standout.
On the flip is Sunshine, a track that is riddled with an ever rising synth riff that is full of oust and is perfectly pixelated. It is all about tension and release this one and it never fully boils over, instead keeping you locked from start to finish. As such this is an essential two track EP for anyone who love real house music.
‘Underground’ EP is out now and available here.
Latest posts by OTB (see all)
- Which Eyewear style should you rock at festivals? - July 22, 2016
- Your Story: From Pregames To Pretty Lights - June 22, 2016
- EDM Fans are the Most Social Music Fans - April 20, 2016
- Claire Guerreso & Deepend Create “I’m Just A Skipping Stone” - February 26, 2016
- Review: Jeudi Release First Instalment Of Remix Compilation Series - January 24, 2016