Mazde’s Successful SOHN Rework
The sad-wave warrior, SOHN, is the ideal minimalistic artist who never ceases to cast those meticulous electronic sounds and ambient iterated rhythms we all know and love. It’s that crucial signature every artists does in order to set them apart from the never ending “musician boom”. With that being said, I wouldn’t really advise another producer to play around with his sorrow-binding work. So to be frank, releasing a remix, rework, bootleg, or whatever you want to call it of his, can go two ways.
It can cause detrimental damage to the artist’s career
Be ever in their favor
In the case of German-based producer, Mazde, spinning to SOHN’s track of gold, “The Wheel”, turned out for the better. Last I heard from him, he dropped a bunch of renditions from popular songs, one being Disclosure’s, “Help Me Lose My Mind”, and it’s pretty clear that this artist is heading for the bigger and better.
SOHN – The Wheel (Mazde Remix)
Disclosure – Help Me Lose My Mind (Mazde Remix)
But on a side note, and I know we are all thinking it, his releases sound a bit Flume-esque…but we all take inspiration from someone, right? And who doesn’t love a good Flume track? All that aside, Mazde’s work in its entirety is flawless! All I can hope for here on out is a bit of distinction between his style and the wonky-ness of Flume.
Latest posts by Gabby Espinet (see all)
- Obseen Will Make Your Hotline Bling - March 18, 2016
- Beshken Induces Us With A Smooth Yet Bouncy Beat - February 25, 2016
- Not Like That x Smoothie Tunes Present: London Showcase at The Yard - February 23, 2016
- Nine Lives Shows us what he can do with Louis The Child’s, “It’s Strange” - January 17, 2016
- Sad Money Releases the Next “Hotline” Ring-tone - November 19, 2015