Get to know: Antiserum & Mayhem
With releases on SMOG, Firepower and Mad Decent between them, multi-talented bass artists Antiserum & Mayhem join forces once again to feature on Never Say Die and UKF’s Vol.3 compilation. Antiserum has recently been part of Datsik’s ‘Digital Assasins’ tour whilst Mayhem has been busy working with an array of rap artists to be included in his trap/dubstep sound. Long-term collaborators, the release of ‘Pakistan’ on the album comes just after their remix of Destroid’s ‘Bounce’. We spoke to this exciting duo to discover more about them.
OTB: You are both smashing it on the scene right now, release wise and shows… What has been your craziest show to date and why?
A&M: Too many crazy shows to mention. We just got back from our Australia tour and it was mental! Every show was insane. I think Adelaide was the most memorable though! Tiny club rammed with people, sweat dripping from the ceiling, etc.
OTB: ‘Pakistan’ is now getting released on the Never Say Die x UKF Vol.3 album. Do you have any favourites from the compilation?
A&M: We like the ‘Raptor’ remix LAXX and SKisM did. Love ‘Gun Fingers’ by Trampa too, lots of really dope tunes on here.
OTB: I know it’s been 10 months since you originally put the track out as free download, but can you remember how you both wrote the track and came up with the idea for it? A:
Mayhem called me out of the blue one day with the idea. We both really like to start with a theme when we work on tunes. Mayhem suggested we use the 2 Chainz vocal and a ticking bomb sound in the intro leading into the drop. I then dialed up a sick 303 sound on my Virus TI and the rest is history!
OTB: You both work with a lot of other artists, do either of you have any collabs coming up that you can talk about?
A&M: We have a new tune called ‘Karate’ we are wrapping up that we are stoked about. We also have like 10 other things in the works that we can’t really talk about yet, more info soon 🙂
OTB: Finally, what are your top 3 tracks at the moment?
A: Top 3 for me are:
1. A new tune 12th planet did with Tha Trickaz out of France. Don’t think it has a name yet…
2. I really like the Yellow Claw x diplo x Waka Flocka collaboration – ‘Techno’
3. Last one has to be Gent & Jawns – ‘Let Em Know’
Pre order your copy of Vol.3 here.
Latest posts by OTB (see all)
- Which Eyewear style should you rock at festivals? - July 22, 2016
- Your Story: From Pregames To Pretty Lights - June 22, 2016
- EDM Fans are the Most Social Music Fans - April 20, 2016
- Claire Guerreso & Deepend Create “I’m Just A Skipping Stone” - February 26, 2016
- Review: Jeudi Release First Instalment Of Remix Compilation Series - January 24, 2016