GETTER to Release Debut Album ‘I Want More’
Having debuted on the label with the deadly 5-track Psycho EP, GETTER is now making his return to Datsik’s Firepower Records February 5 with his debut album. I WANT MORE reveals the evolution in GETTER’s sound, showcasing a technical and creative talent that belies his youth.
It is a firm substantiation of Tanner Petulla’s talents that before he had even turned 18 he had already been snapped up for releases on Ultragore, Prime Audio, Chronos and Firepower Records. This San Jose native, known to the music world as GETTER, has been taking over stages across America for the last two years with his high energy presence and bass-infused sets and has won support for his original productions from scene stalwarts such as Rusko, Flux Pavilion and Borgore, as well as DATSIK who snapped him up for Firepower.
Opening I WANT MORE is the gnarled “Papercuts” which doesn’t waste any time in cutting to the chase, with GETTER holding little back as he reels off swathes of rude bass acrobatics over a big drum bounce. Next in line is GETTER’s remix of like-minded producer 12Gauge’s “Clutch.” Flipping the track, he takes things back to their roots laying out thunderous subs and chopped vocals over a heavy steppers’ rhythm. “Gunshots” then picks up the energy again with its racing 8-bit arpeggios, laser-like synths and pounding drums.
GETTER joins forces with hometown companion Slosh on “Crack That,” and the two young guns demonstrate that age is clearly not of importance delivering a dub-laced skank that is met with a maniacal bass drop. Up next, GETTER switches things up again with “Aggravate,” a demonic drum and bass powerhouse that showcases his versatility before “Fallout” brings things right down with its enormous industrial lurch ready to slice through any dancefloor that it is unleashed upon.
Keeping up the heat, the title track reveals yet another dimension to the young producer’s sound, layering funk-fuelled synths over a tough groove before ripping it to shreds with his signature guttural bass. Closing I WANT MORE in fine style is “Lose Focus,” an elite collaboration with label head Datsik and label mate The Frim alongside Snak The Ripper. The track’s jerky synths and manic blueprint are a compelling combination with the song’s chilling lyrics and dangerously sharp edge, an uncompromising way to play out the album.
Still in the early days of his career, GETTER has quickly put himself head and shoulders above the crowd and with the release of I WANT MORE he is proven he is here to stay and that this is just the start. 2013 looks like it is going to be an extremely busy year for GETTER.
The track listing for GETTER’s I WANT MORE is:
1. Getter – Papercuts
2. 12Gauge – Clutch (Getter Remix)
3. Getter – Gunshots
4. Getter & Slosh – Crack That
5. Getter – Aggravate
6. Getter – Fallout
7. Getter – I Want More
8. Datsik, Getter & The Frim – Lose Focus Ft. Snak The Ripper
Pre-order the album HERE
Latest posts by Eyoel (see all)
- The #DXBNYE Takeover!!! - December 20, 2014
- XS Nightclub September Events Schedule - August 28, 2014
- Two Fresh in the Two Oh Six! - August 27, 2014
- Vandit’s own Extravagance SL Present ‘Cthulhu’ - August 14, 2014
- Better check on the “Airwave” (Rank 1’s 21st Century Remix) - August 12, 2014
- Firepower Brings the Heat with Summer EP Releases from Getter, Barron, and Diamond Pistols
- Firepower Records to Release ‘Shell Shock LP Vol. 1’ May 7th
- DJ Mustard, Getter, Styles & Complete and more Take Over CONTROL This Friday!
- Destroid Unleashes The Invasion Remixes Album
- Getter Releases Free VIP of ‘The Peak’