Out Now on iTunes Sydney Blu’s Compilation “Change The Game” & Episode 3 of ‘Being Sydney Blu’
Out Now on iTunes: Sydney Blu’s Compilation “Change The Game”
Plus check out her documentary series: “Being Sydney Blu – Ep. 3 Chicago, The Windy City”
After her new compilation “Change The Game” landed on Beatport’s Progressive House Album Releases chart at #13 last week, Sydney Blu has now released the 17 track mix on iTunes through the legendary Black Hole Recordings.
“Change The Game” takes you on a voyage from the best in Tech House all the way to the realms of Progressive, with hits from Hot Since 82, Mark Knight, Funkagenda, Alex Kenji, as well as originals and collaborations like ‘Another Late Night,’ ‘Chemistry,’ ‘Change The Game’ and ‘Nightlight. Sydney’s exclusive new track ‘NYCMIA,’ a cool combination of playful piano synths and a groovy bassline, was named #8 on DMC Magazine’s Buzz Chart.
01. Thomas Schumacher – Every Little Piece Feat Caitlin Devlin (Hot Since 82 Remix)
02. Prok & Fitch, Filthy Rich – Justified
03. Mark Knight – Your Love
04. Mihalis Safras – Lula (Stephano Noferini Remix)
05. Sydney Blu – NYCMIA
06. Will Sparks – Ah Yeah
07. Alex Kenji – Strong
08. Sydney Blu & Damaged Goods – Change the Game feat. Flick
09. Funkagenda – Blacklight
10. Gina Star – Midnight
11. Muzzaik & Dave Martin – Let’s Go
12. Sydney Blu feat MC Flipside – Another Late Night (Kim Fai Remix)
13. Jewelz & Scott Sparks – Flashbang
14. Henrix, Digital Lab, & GTA – Hit it
15. Sydney Blu, JD & Betsie Larkin – Nightlight
16. Christian Falero & Adrian Villaverde – Nineteen 59 (Agno3 Remix)
17. Sydney Blu & Christian Falero – Chemistry feat. Lea Luna (Chris Moody Remix)
The third episode of her documentary series “Being Sydney Blu – Chicago, The Windy City” has also premiered.
[youtube id=”_uOz5Q0jCDU” width=”620″ height=”360″]
After the first and second editions of “Being Sydney Blu”, in which we got to see more about Sydney’s past, her rise to fame and her life as an artist, she now takes us on a personal trip to Chicago in this third episode. With a focus on her live performance at the legendary Soundbar, Chicago’s hottest mega nightclub that revolutionized the city’s nightlife, she tells about the history of the “Windy City”, still known as the place where House Music first took off.
Not shying away from a critical view, Sydney discusses how segregated electronic dance music currently presents itself and to what extent she’s lost interest in today’s top releases on the known portals – clear about keeping up her own style no matter what. Meeting up with fellow producer Kalendr that same night, we follow Sydney into the recording studio where they work on the first setup of a new track; discussing how to incorporate the melody line she wrote on the plane into the allover production, we experience first hand how it becomes a Sydney Blu & Kalendr collaboration.
Concluding this third episode, we experience Sydney’s live set at Soundbar, where she performs for a sold out house – cheekily revealing that Chicago may well be her next favorite city.
Sydney will be staying busy this summer with her “Change The Game” album tour. Check out some of the confirmed dates below.
July 1 Liquid, St John’s
July 5: SLS Hyde Beach, Miami, FL
July 6: Set, Miami, FL
July 11: Habitat Living Sound, Calgary, Canada
July 13 Avalon, Los Angeles
July 26: Afterlife, New Haven, CT
July 27: Sienna, Hampton, NY
Aug 3: Lollapalooza Heineken Afterparty, Chicago
Aug 16: Effex, Albequerque, NM
Aug 30: Apex Coliseum, Burning Man
Sept 1: Spanish Fly Night Swim, Scottsdale, AZ
Sep 7: Sound Bar, Chicago, IL
Sept 6: Lima, Washington DC
Sept 21 Era, Ottawa, Canada
Sep 27: Groove Cruise, Los Angeles, CA
Latest posts by Eyoel (see all)
- The #DXBNYE Takeover!!! - December 20, 2014
- XS Nightclub September Events Schedule - August 28, 2014
- Two Fresh in the Two Oh Six! - August 27, 2014
- Vandit’s own Extravagance SL Present ‘Cthulhu’ - August 14, 2014
- Better check on the “Airwave” (Rank 1’s 21st Century Remix) - August 12, 2014