Toolroom Records Hits the #RESET Button
Not long after celebrating their tenth anniversary, Mark Knight’s record label, Toolroom Records, has hit the reset button, and hit it hard. In a HUGE move to redefine their sound, the label has dropped all but 18 artists, with those staying including Weiss, Prok & Fitch, Adrian Hour, and Amtrac. You can see the full listing here.
“AFTER TEN YEARS, I WANTED TO SHOW THE WORLD WHAT WE STAND FOR MUSICALLY. AND THAT’S WHAT #RESET IS ALL ABOUT.” – MARK KNIGHT
Mark Knight has been the visionary behind Toolroom Records ever since he created it back in 2003, and it has changed considerably ever since. Listening to the difference between Toolroom Knights 1 and Toolroom Ibiza 2014, you can heard this difference very clearly.
Listen to Weiss’s recent remix of MK’s “Always” …..
And compare it to the decade-old track “Stomper” by Mark Knight himself:
The difference is pretty clear isn’t it? #RESET promises more of that smooth, pure house sound that his hand-picked lineup is so good at making, and I don’t know about you, but I have never been so excited about a major label change!
Latest posts by Conner Thomas (see all)
- Check out Erik Smalls’ free bootleg of Deadmau5 and Armin van Buuren! - May 1, 2015
- Richie Hawtin’s CNTRL Tour is a gift from the techno gods - April 30, 2015
- The Seattle Trance Scene is Making a Comeback in 2015 - February 19, 2015
- DJ Hodor is Bringing the Rave of Thrones to Seattle - November 26, 2014
- UMEK and Mike Vale Turn up the Funk - November 24, 2014