Ultra Music Festival Co-Founder Alex Omes Found Dead
On Tuesday January 13, 2015, Alex Omes passed away and the electronic music community lost a pioneer. Omes, 43, was the co-founder of Ultra Music Festival along with Russell Faibisch in 1999.
“The organizers of Ultra Music Festival extend their deepest condolences to the family of Alex Omes and are saddened by the news of his passing,” Ultra said in a statement sent toNew Times. “We will continue to remember and celebrate Alex for his love, passion, and contributions to the electronic dance music community.”
Omes was a kingpin of Miami’s burgeoning electronic music scene and culture. Despite being forced out of Ultra Music Festival in 2010 amidst conflict with the split from WMC, Omes rallied his career by doing events with Emi Guerra and Swedish House Mafia in Miami. He also unsuccessfully attempted to establish a new festival property, UR1, which suffered low ticket sales despite a co-bill of Kanye West and Lou Reed.
The cause of Omes’ death is currently unknown. Rest in peace. #RIP
Latest posts by Brandon Dorsky (see all)
- Music videos that make you trip: Watch “Heart of the Moment” - December 3, 2015
- Mansions on the Moon & BLVD Hit I-5 - November 5, 2015
- TOKiMONSTA Tours With A Squad This November - October 16, 2015
- FREE DOWNLOAD: “La Murga De Panama (RUM DRUM Remix)” - October 16, 2015
- The Sound You Need Comes Stateside - September 19, 2015