Hardwell Joins Forces with Uber for UberYACHT Set
With so many industry executives, world-renowned DJs, and Fortune 500 big-shots together at the same place, Miami Music Week breeds unexpected collaborations and partnerships. While these relationships are typically built in the studio between artists, this year, Hardwell announced that he would be playing a special set-at-sea, thanks to an unexpected partnership with the tech company, Uber. The event, which was called “UberYACHT,” gave fans a chance to catch a set by the Dutch superstar during a four-hour cruise. Fans had to enter a special code in their Uber app, which gave them a chance to be picked up by an Uber driver and dropped off at a secret location where the UberYACHT was boarding during an hour-long window from 12 pm – 1 pm EST.
As expected, the draw of seeing the Revealed Recordings boss was massive, and it was rumored that over 100,000 people requested an Uber for the UberYACHT during the available time frame. There’s no denying that this partnership, while unexpected, was a fruitful one between Hardwell and Uber, and demonstrates the forward-thinking relationships that can be bred between EDM artists and the right company. Check out a video of Hardwell on the UberYACHT below!
Latest posts by OTB (see all)
- Which Eyewear style should you rock at festivals? - July 22, 2016
- Your Story: From Pregames To Pretty Lights - June 22, 2016
- EDM Fans are the Most Social Music Fans - April 20, 2016
- Claire Guerreso & Deepend Create “I’m Just A Skipping Stone” - February 26, 2016
- Review: Jeudi Release First Instalment Of Remix Compilation Series - January 24, 2016