EDMbiz Announces Brand New Startup and Best Record Contest For Fourth Annual Conference
Since its inception in 2012, Insomniac’s EDMbiz Conference & Expo has led the charge for industry executives, bringing the industry’s best and brightest minds together for a three day conference to discuss pressing issues for the dance music community, as well as inciting insightful conversation through keynote presentations, panel discussions, and networking opportunities. In its first three years, EDMbiz was geared towards respected industry executives and hopefuls, but this year, EDMbiz has announced two brand new initiatives designed to give emerging artists and business people a chance to make a name for themselves at the conference.
The first initiative is the EDMbiz Startup Contest, which offers five startups the opportunity to present their idea or model, whether it be digital, mobile, physical, or live, in front of a number of high-level industry investors and executives. Applicants will first undergo a vetting process by Insomniac, and its partner in this venture, Digital Music News, and the five selected startups will present to a panel, who will judge the startups based on presentation, market opportunity, innovation, and disruptiveness of the technology. Applications will be accepted until June 2nd, 11:59 PST, and you can find more information and apply here.
The second initiative, the Best Record/A&R, competition is designed for aspiring producers to have a chance to release an original production on Insomniac Records. Aspiring artists can submit their tracks on Wavo, where they will go through a crowd-sourced voting process and have their tracks judged by a panel of EDMbiz judges. Selected winners will have the opportunity to present their tracks in front of a group of A&R executives at EDMbiz, and the winner will see their track be released on Insomniac Records. Applications are accepted until May 31st, 11:59 PST, and you can find more information and apply here.
While the conferences and panels make up most of the meat of EDMbiz, the rest of the time is spent having a good time. Kicking off the conference this year is Afrojack, who will be taking over the brand new Omnia nightclub in Caesar’s Palace, while Alesso will be gracing the decks of the Cosmopolitan’s Boulevard Pool to close out the conference.
Badges to EDMbiz are still available here.
Latest posts by OTB (see all)
- Which Eyewear style should you rock at festivals? - July 22, 2016
- Your Story: From Pregames To Pretty Lights - June 22, 2016
- EDM Fans are the Most Social Music Fans - April 20, 2016
- Claire Guerreso & Deepend Create “I’m Just A Skipping Stone” - February 26, 2016
- Review: Jeudi Release First Instalment Of Remix Compilation Series - January 24, 2016
- Insomniac Brings EDMbiz Back to Vegas for 2015 Edition
- EDMbiz Finalizes 2015 Full Program Of Speakers And Panels
- Check Out The Incredible Lineup Of Speakers & Panels For EDMbiz 2015!
- These Are The 5 Speakers You Need To See At EDMbiz 2015
- TomorrowWorld Is Giving Aspiring Acts A Chance To Play On The L!VE Stage