“Lose It” to Jerry Folk’s Newest Remix
There’s no denying that remixing indie dance seems to be a popular route for producers nowadays, ever since Daft Punk championed the resurging genre with their single, “Get Lucky.” The melody-driven, vocal-centric nature of indie dance lends itself nicely to being remixed by talented artists like Norway’s newest up-and-comer, Jerry Folk, whose unique blend of indie with nu disco and house can only be described as his signature sound. Folk has already tackled remixes of ZZ Bash, Chromeo, and Baby Bash, showcasing his versatility in the production space, and is a power player in the rising LA record label, Next Wave. After showcasing a darker side of his sound with his remix of Atlas Bound’s “Talk,” Folk returns to his more emotional side on his latest effort, a remix of “Lose It,” by UK indie dance duo, Oh Wonder.
Folk does away with the slow tempo of the original, and infuses the track with an undeniable playfulness, as Oh Wonder’s vocals offer the perfect contrast to the sprightly synth melodies and bouncing bassline of the remix. You can stream Jerry Folk’s remix below and snag the free download here.
Latest posts by OTB (see all)
- Which Eyewear style should you rock at festivals? - July 22, 2016
- Your Story: From Pregames To Pretty Lights - June 22, 2016
- EDM Fans are the Most Social Music Fans - April 20, 2016
- Claire Guerreso & Deepend Create “I’m Just A Skipping Stone” - February 26, 2016
- Review: Jeudi Release First Instalment Of Remix Compilation Series - January 24, 2016