Ableton 9 Tip: How to Drag a Section of Automation
When automating parameters in Ableton Live 9. Because of the new automation curve capabilities, you may be wondering how do perform a a classic section automation that you fell in love with in Ableton Live 8.
The trick to performing this function in Live 9 is all in the way you hover your cursor over the automation break points you are looking to change.
- While in arrange mode in Live, highlight the section of audio your looking to automate.
- Once you’ve selected your section, hover your cursor over the automation line within your highlighted area. (Notice that the entire automation line as well as any added break points within the highlighted area will highlight blue.)
- Click and drag up or down while the automation line is highlighted blue to create a full section of automation.
!!Be careful not to click directly on the automation line itself. This will create a single break point on the automation line!!!
Latest posts by John (see all)
- MAKJ 50k Bootleg Pack - September 3, 2013
- Foundation Nightclub: DJ MAG “TOP100 CLUBS” rank #55 - March 28, 2013
- What do you get when you cross Massive Attack’s Teardrop and some vegetables? This. - March 22, 2013
- Ableton 9 Tip: How to Drag a Section of Automation - March 21, 2013
- Production Tips with Das Nibley: DJ’ing with Ableton Live vs. Conventional DJ Programs
- Production Tips with Das Nibley: 7 Tips for Creating Mashups
- Production Tips with Das Nibley: Stereo Width with Simple Delay Effect
- Production Tips with Das Nibley: To Play or Not to Play?
- Guest Post: 5 Tips for Aspiring Producers From Mark Mendes