Production Tips by astrofunk: Creating a Traktor-Esque Loop Tool in Ableton Live
For this weeks production tips, I was recently working on developing a live performance set up in Ableton Live and wanted to create a looping tool similar to the one found in Traktor. I did some research on the internet and found a sentence talking about the set points in the clip view. So I spent an hour or so working it out and came up with this.
You will need a controller with limitless rotary knobs for this otherwise it won’t work. Most controllers do have this feature, so enjoy!
Karin Park – Shine (astrofunk Remix)
Lastly, if you have any questions or issues feel free to leave a message in comments section and I will get back to you ASAP!
Latest posts by Jordan Ruzic (see all)
- Resampling And Reversing Audio For Atmospheric And Cinematic Effects - May 18, 2015
- Ableton Live’s Device Series – Part Five: Auto Pan - May 11, 2015
- Sound Design: Using the Mono Sequencer in Ableton Live for Randomization - May 3, 2015
- Ableton Live’s Device Series – Part Four: Ping Pong Delay - April 28, 2015
- Using the Choke Feature in Ableton Live’s Drum Racks - April 24, 2015
- Production tips by astrofunk: Layering Multiple Samples Per Pad In Ableton Live’s Drum Racks.
- Production Tips by astrofunk: Using The Resample Feature In Ableton Live
- Using the Choke Feature in Ableton Live’s Drum Racks
- Sampling from Drum Loops in Ableton Live
- Production Tips by astrofunk: Spicing Up Loops with Transposition & Delay