Sound Design: Using the Mono Sequencer in Ableton Live for Randomization
In this tutorial I go over using the Mono Sequencer, which comes with Ableton Live Suite (Max For Live Package). I use the sequencer to get random melodic rhythms when using synthesizers, and in this tutorial using a audio sample that I converted over to a midi track in a drum rack.
I go pretty quickly through this tutorial (there is a lot to cover). So if you have any questions and feel I missed something please leave a comment below. I will be happy to go deeper into this topic (as it is a bottomless pit of creative ideas).
Link to the song below!
Latest posts by Jordan Ruzic (see all)
- Resampling And Reversing Audio For Atmospheric And Cinematic Effects - May 18, 2015
- Ableton Live’s Device Series – Part Five: Auto Pan - May 11, 2015
- Sound Design: Using the Mono Sequencer in Ableton Live for Randomization - May 3, 2015
- Ableton Live’s Device Series – Part Four: Ping Pong Delay - April 28, 2015
- Using the Choke Feature in Ableton Live’s Drum Racks - April 24, 2015