Throttle Makes His ICONS Debut with “Together”
In the last few years, Australia has made a serious push to dethrone the Netherlands and Sweden as the mecca of dance music. While Australia doesn’t enjoy the typical dance music scene, it possesses one of the most unique, and talented, communities in the world, as artists like Flume, Chet Faker, and Flight Facilities have all gone on to become stars in their respective genres. Throttle is the latest talent to emerge from Australia, and the Melbourne native boasts an unique nu disco sound that blends nicely with other genres to create an one-of-a-kind style.
Throttle has unveiled his debut track on ICONS, a subsidiary record label of Avicii’s At Night Management, titled, “Together.” The track, which was originally thought to be a collaboration between all of the At Night artists, packs a serious progressive punch, as Throttle blends his nu disco sound with more melodic elements. David Spekter’s flying vocals offers enough to sing-along to, while the infectious four-to-the-floor beat gives “Together” a groove that isn’t typically present in progressive house anthems. “Together” is out now on Beatport.
Latest posts by OTB (see all)
- Which Eyewear style should you rock at festivals? - July 22, 2016
- Your Story: From Pregames To Pretty Lights - June 22, 2016
- EDM Fans are the Most Social Music Fans - April 20, 2016
- Claire Guerreso & Deepend Create “I’m Just A Skipping Stone” - February 26, 2016
- Review: Jeudi Release First Instalment Of Remix Compilation Series - January 24, 2016