Atapy – Black Bird EP
Atapy is a man we’ve been following a lot recently, thanks chiefly due to his sudden ascension through the tech-house ranks. He’s a man who takes the production game seriously – and it shows in his efforts for some of the scene’s more celebrated names. Anyway, his latest release sees him perk up on the Thrill of It label, itself an imprint that’s starting to gain real momentum recently thanks to a staggering and consistent array of savvy releases.
Even so, Atapy’s work here is right up there with the best of them. A four-tracker of some poise, it gets underway thanks to the title track, the exceptional ‘Black Bird’. A multi-layered and multi woven track with loads of flourishing keys and big-room vibes, it really is suited to a large system. ‘Ego’ is the sort of hypnotic track that’s sure to go down a treat with the likes of Solomun, whereas ‘Geist’ keeps the tension at a really loaded pace thanks to its ability to veer between moods.’Traingle’ shows the other side to Atapy, as he reminds us that he’s just as comfortable playing in the mud as he is releasing glistening house tracks. Minimal but definitely not a chore to wrap your ear lobes around, it rounds off a stunning EP with some ease.
Latest posts by OTB (see all)
- Which Eyewear style should you rock at festivals? - July 22, 2016
- Your Story: From Pregames To Pretty Lights - June 22, 2016
- EDM Fans are the Most Social Music Fans - April 20, 2016
- Claire Guerreso & Deepend Create “I’m Just A Skipping Stone” - February 26, 2016
- Review: Jeudi Release First Instalment Of Remix Compilation Series - January 24, 2016