‘One Last High’ will leave you feenin’ for more
The Stockholm/Washington DC duo returns with frequent collaborators Jaceo and Vedic to bring us another stellar track. Sampling from one of the best scenes of a series that some argue is the best show ever made, Pleasurekraft dig back to Season 1 of The Wire to splice up Waylon’s memorable “Narcotics Anonymous” monologue.
“…if God didn’t mean for me to get high, he wouldn’t have made bein’ high so much like perfect.”
Pleasurekraft – One Last High
Voiced by Grammy-winning artist Steve Earle and punctuated with frequent snares and claps, the result is a tune that moves briskly through your body like heroin mainlined. Snippets are placed chronologically through the track, leading familiar listeners through a echoey corridor of nostalgia. From prose to production, it is a well-written scene and track that together make for one helluva high.
“I don’t care who you are, what you done, or who you done it to..if you’re here, so am I.”
“One Last High” can be found on Pleasurekraft Presents: The Garden Of Earthly Delights from Kraftek.
Latest posts by Nolan Oribello (see all)
- Torren Foot Makes Panties Drop With His Latest Remix! - April 25, 2015
- Panic Bomber Puts The “Late Night” In Late Night Alumni’s Latest Single - April 15, 2015
- Greco Breathes New Life Into Stardust’s House Classic - April 3, 2015
- Get In Touch With DABIN’s New Genre-Defying EP - March 8, 2015
- All You Need Is Autograf’s Latest ODESZA Remix! - February 13, 2015