Aki Bergen & Richter Bring the Mood with Diaries EP
Neurotraxx Recordings might be at release number 28, but that won’t stop them from trying something new and heading in a new direction. This switch up comes in the form of a new EP from label bosses Aki Bergen and his new partner and fellow Italian, Richter.They hook up on a trio of tracks that are all sure to become essential anthems this summer.
Opener ‘My Love Won’t Fade’ is a nicely mid tempo track with house groove in its bones but bleak future pop vocals raining down from up top. Think Depeche Mode or other synth band greats and you’ll be in the right area. ‘Mirage’ is then a warm, moody and organic track with some cool and subtle sound design. The drums are rich and plump, the pads are evocative and the overall vibe is serene and colourful, charming and cerebral. Lastly, ‘The Fog’ is a more twitchy and energetic track with lots of layered up synths and moody atmospheres percolating over forceful drums. This is a lush, expertly designed package that offers some techno with real feeling.
Latest posts by OTB (see all)
- Which Eyewear style should you rock at festivals? - July 22, 2016
- Your Story: From Pregames To Pretty Lights - June 22, 2016
- EDM Fans are the Most Social Music Fans - April 20, 2016
- Claire Guerreso & Deepend Create “I’m Just A Skipping Stone” - February 26, 2016
- Review: Jeudi Release First Instalment Of Remix Compilation Series - January 24, 2016