Thomas Hayes is my artist to watch in 2015.
The young Aussie signed to Enhanced Recordings first caught my ears with his original track titled Falling
which was named track of the week on various different podcasts (International Departures
He's been relatively quiet since the original release, I've included some extra bonus tracks (and free downloads below), but Thomas recently burst back on to the scene with Neon
featuring stunning vocals from Joni Fatora firmly cementing him as my artist to watch in 2015.
I've been blogging about electronic dance music for the last three years and there have been very few artists who I believe can crank out Progressive Trance at the highest level. Myon & Shane 54
, Above & Beyond's club mixes
, Norin & Rad
, and of course, Tritonal
Not only do I believe that this is a more difficult and complex genre to be successful in as a producer, I also believe it's the BEST festival music know to man!!! Progressive in the sense that it's a little slower than 138 (sorry Armin!), but still has the melody we crave and delivers on the FEELS that we go to music festivals for in the first place.
Just listen to this drop and tell me you don't imagine loosing your mind in the front and center of EDC Las Vegas while fireworks are blasting off around you. Sound far fetched? Thomas Hayes was already invited by Armin Van Buuren to play at ASOT 700 where he performed a B2b set with Nick Arbor. How long could it be until he's booked at all the major festivals? Not too long I hope.
NOW LISTEN TO THIS TRACK!
Thomas Hayes feat. Joni Fatora - Neon (Alluvion)
I said a lot of good thing about Falling
the first time I wrote about it, but I really can't get over how good it is, and ultimately, because Thomas Hayes is so young, and could move into different genres over time (as he explores his "artistic space"), I see him as a potential Mat Zo/Arty level producer. I mean, I guess that might sound kind of funny to some people who aren't sure what I mean, but basically what I'm saying is I consider him an actual PROFESSIONAL music producer. Someone who can create top notch tracks in any genre (like Mat Zo), not a DJ who got famous and then had someone else ghost produce for him...which...happens a lot these days.
Thomas Hayes - Falling (Original Mix) [Enhanced Progressive]
I've just never heard such a young guy creating emotional dance music at such a high level. I think Enhanced Recordings recognized he was putting out tracks that sounded more Progressive like Tritonal's newer stuff yet still Trancy and melodic like Above & beyond. It was really a great move for them and I think it will pan out well for Thomas too.
Habits (Stay High) (Thomas Hayes Remix) [FREE]
Only time will tell, but I'm predicting that we'll see a lot more of Hayes in 2015: Collaborations with Tritonal
and other Enhanced artists, I think his latest tracks will make Digital Enhanced Vol. 9...10...11...etc, and maybe some touring in Australia during festival season (Creamfields). My hope is that he's secretly working on a album that will be released before the end of the year and really pushing him into the spotlight in 2016.
Wondering what he sounds like on the decks? You're welcome :)
Thomas Hayes - 2014 End of Year Mix
1. Speed Limits & Jaco feat. Joni Fatora - Palm Of Your Hand (Thomas Hayes Remix) (Intro Mix)
2. Speed Limits & Jaco feat. Joni Fatora - Palm Of Your Hand (Alex Klingle Remix)
3. Anry - Night Lights (Original Mix)
4. Dannic Ft Bright Lights - Dear Life (Acapella)
5. Dannic Ft Bright Lights - Dear Life (Original Mix)
6. Galantis – You (Original Mix)
7. Galantis – You (Still Young Remix) (Breakdown)
8. Outlook - Zeal (Original Mix)
9. Alae Khaldi - Innuendo (Original Mix) (Breakdown)
10. Audien - Hindsight (Original Mix)
11. 3LAU Ft Bright Lights - How You Love Me (Acapella)
12. DubVision feat. Matthew Koma, Ellie Goulding, Duke Dumont, Nico & Vinz - Backsmash (3LAU Mashup)
13. Myon & Shane 54 with Late Night Alumni - Under Your Cloud (Extended Mix)
14. Porter Robinson feat. Urban Cone - Lionhearted (Arty Remix)
15. Seven Lions with Myon and Shane 54 feat. Tove Lo - Strangers (Original Mix) (Intro)
16. Tom Swoon, Paris & Simo - Wait (Original Mix)
17. MAKJ & M35 – Go (Showtek Edit)
18. W&W & Headhunterz - We Control The Sound (Original Mix)
19. Hardwell - Spaceman (Headhunterz Remix) (Screech)
20. Armin Van Buuren vs Hardwell - Ping Pong Arcadia (Mashup)
21. Hardwell & Joey Dale feat. Luciana - Arcadia (Acapella)
22. Hardwell & Joey Dale feat. Luciana - Arcadia (Thomas Newson Remix)
23. Audien - Iris (Original Mix)
24. Tritonal feat. Phoebe Ryan - Now Or Never (Acapella)
25. Now Or Never (Estiva Vs. Juventa Remix) - Tritonal feat. Phoebe Ryan
26. Bastille - Pompeii (Audien Remix)
27. Nicky Romero & Vicetone Feat. When We Are Wild - Let Me Feel (Original Mix)
28. Myon & Shane 54 Ft. Kyler England - Summer of Love (Club Mix)
29. Thomas Hayes - Falling (Original Mix)
30. Hardwell feat. Chris Jones-Young Again (Radio Edit)
31. Oceanlab - Satellite (ilan Bluestone Remix)
32. Cosmic Gate feat. Eric Lumiere - Falling Back (Mark Sixma Remix)
33. Above & Beyond - Sticky Fingers (Original Mix)
34. Above & Beyond feat. Zoë Johnston - We're All We Need (Original Mix)
Keep your eyes on Thomas Hayes!